Cotentin - Returning to Brittany Ferries in 2021

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only place she can go right now is back down the canal towards the sea. Any other direction and she's likley to get a bit stuck. Ed

Yes she now qualifies to be registered as a canal Boatūü§£

Under normal circumstances, yes. But if the wind is gusting too strongly they will swing around within the confines of Newhaven harbour using the stern lines to keep the ship as tight as possible to t

Posted Images

Joking all aside, I know Stena wanted scrubbers fitted but not sure whether that actually happened or not - the funnels look pretty similar to me compared to 10 years ago. I’ll do a little digging this evening although our fountains of knowledge @jonno or @TonyMWeaverwill probably know the answer. 
If it’s no then a trip to Santander (Astander) will be on the cards...

Chris

Just now, Khaines said:

Someone has said he’s seen somewhere that someone has said she is back on Poole-Cherbourg in January.  No idea of the source of that.

It's all going to be rumours for a while, what we do know is that they need 2 freight ships, 1 for Le Havre and 1 for Cherbourg, the Le Havre timetable for 31/12 does mention Etretat, however that could be a placeholder.

And so it should remain a rumour if it’s a question of somebody somewhere somehow saying something to someone that’s somewhat vague. With BF urgently needing to replace an ageing fleet it makes sense to bring her back now. I heaped praise on them just now for maintaining the fleet, they are also very astute when it comes to seizing an opportunity when a window suddenly opens. 

I‚Äôm certainly not referring to you¬†Brigitte with¬†the ¬ę somewhat vague ¬Ľ¬†comment, far from it. My concern is that once Cotentin¬†returns to¬†the fold, and there will always be a Visentini spare to plug any holes, where does that leave your favourite ferry?

Chris

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Fine Whine said:

Joking all aside, I know Stena wanted scrubbers fitted but not sure whether that actually happened or not - the funnels look pretty similar to me compared to 10 years ago. I’ll do a little digging this evening although our fountains of knowledge @jonno or @TonyMWeaverwill probably know the answer. 

Chris

I guess that if you was to be fitted with scrubbers, her new funnel would end up looking like Armorique?

26 minutes ago, David Williams said:

The last picture has Cotentin Cherboug which doesn't make sense sequence wise

I know what you mean David but the new logo on the funnel means it is in sequence, and if you expand the first photo you can see that Stena Baltica has been transposed over the hull and her original name, so it’s some sort of tear-off once she gets reflagged. 
I must say she’s looking really smart ...

Chris

• Like 1

She looks excellent.  Very smart.  I think with my comment about her returning to Poole was with regard to Facebook comments, we’ll just have to wait and see.  Trying not to name my source as I had no idea where their source was.  Regarding our favourite Poole ship, her, my new passport arrived a couple of days ago so would like the opportunity to use it, lol!!!  

Bemuses me about all the blue passport stuff, mine is more like black!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

Chris

I believe she had Wartsila's in line closed loop system fitted during her dockyard visit in 2015. Stena Transit was the first to have it installed and Stena Transporter received the same treatment early 2016.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It would appear that Stena Baltica (Contentin) is en route back to France. The AIS states Karlskrona, Sweden but she is well past that point now.

She is belting along at a healthy 22.9knots. Maybe some of that UK Gov funding has contributed to the refit and fuel costs to get her back into freight service ASAP.

9 hours ago, Danim24 said:

It would appear that Stena Baltica (Contentin) is en route back to France. The AIS states Karlskrona, Sweden but she is well past that point now.

She is belting along at a healthy 22.9knots. Maybe some of that UK Gov funding has contributed to the refit and fuel costs to get her back into freight service ASAP.

AIS now stating Le Havre (I think - LEHFR is stated, which looks like Le Havre to me, although Marine Traffic doesn't recognise it.)

• Andy changed the title to Cotentin - Returning to Brittany Ferries in 2021