Cotentin - Returning to Brittany Ferries in 2021

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only place she can go right now is back down the canal towards the sea. Any other direction and she's likley to get a bit stuck. Ed

Yes she now qualifies to be registered as a canal Boatūü§£

Under normal circumstances, yes. But if the wind is gusting too strongly they will swing around within the confines of Newhaven harbour using the stern lines to keep the ship as tight as possible to t

Posted Images

13 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Stena Baltica/Cotentin will arrive in Le Havre on Monday morning at around 06:00, Cherbourg after but no date for that as yet.

Does that mean Barfleur could be posted to Le Havre/Portsmouth if Cotentin returns to Cherbourg?

2 minutes ago, LHCity said:

Does that mean Barfleur could be posted to Le Havre/Portsmouth if Cotentin returns to Cherbourg?

At the moment we don't know if and when Etretat leaves the fleet, at the moment she is shown as restarting the Le Havre route.

• Andy changed the title to Cotentin - Returning to Brittany Ferries in 2021
34 minutes ago, LHCity said:

A Brittany Ferries source has told me this morning that Cotentin will be returning on the Poole to Cherbourg route from January to March, Barfleur isn't leaving the fleet and will be returning as soon as possible, most likely after government restrictions are lifted. I am aware of what is happening with Cotentin from March but I am unable to post it. Sorry!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Khaines said:

Someone has said he’s seen somewhere that someone has said she is back on Poole-Cherbourg in January.  No idea of the source of that.

Rereading that post made my head hurt. Ed. 

My guess... assuming things go... OK (who knows!)...

Barfleur replaces Cotentin on Poole-Cherbourg, bringing back the pax traffic

Cotentin replaces Etretat on Port-LH, remaining in freight mode (and I get upset!)

Etretat goes bye-byes... 

Of course this would depend on a lot of positives in 2021...

• Like 1

Who knows what changes are Cummin.

I'm sure someone will Boris with the possibilities.

We will have to Deal with the outcomes.

I'll go now close the door as I, Brexit....

Rhys

• Like 2
2 hours ago, The Ferry Man said:

My guess... assuming things go... OK (who knows!)...

Barfleur replaces Cotentin on Poole-Cherbourg, bringing back the pax traffic

Cotentin replaces Etretat on Port-LH, remaining in freight mode (and I get upset!)

Etretat goes bye-byes... 

Of course this would depend on a lot of positives in 2021...

It's a shame to do Freight only when it can be useful to passengers. Brittany Ferries would encourage the passage of passengers through Dieppe!

3 minutes ago, LHCity said:

It's a shame to do Freight only when it can be useful to passengers. Brittany Ferries would encourage the passage of passengers through Dieppe!

But lets be honest - there hasn't exactly been a lot of pax onboard - everytime I have been on there's never been that many, even for a Visentini

18 hours ago, jonno said:

I believe she had Wartsila's in line closed loop system fitted during her dockyard visit in 2015. Stena Transit was the first to have it installed and Stena Transporter received the same treatment early 2016.

Do you have a reference for that? I was convinced she hadn't scrubbers and can't find any mention of this happening.

2 hours ago, The Ferry Man said:

But lets be honest - there hasn't exactly been a lot of pax onboard - everytime I have been on there's never been that many, even for a Visentini

We will not go back on the debate, but put Normandie and Mont Saint Michel (or Pride of Le Havre / Pride of Portsmouh) on this route with 3 departures per day and the situation will be different. Who would want to travel on the Etretat ?

even if out of season Etretat is rarely full (which BF ship is full?) it annually carries almost as many passengers as Barfleur and more passengers than Cote d'Albatre in Dieppe.

Edited by LHCity
9 minutes ago, Paully said:

Stena Baltica aka Cotentin is at the Le Havre anchorage inbound at 7 knots. Be interesting to see if she anchors or which berth if she enters the port.

Stena Baltica will be docking astern of Etretat.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Tregastel said:

I assume Contentin will soon be appearing on the BFE Fleet Finder page?

If she carries passenger "officially", then yes she will be added to the official BF one also.

Although, the actual BF live ships position page hasn't been updated since March, has it? ūüėģ

On 14/11/2020 at 15:30, RickOShea said:

Do you have a reference for that? I was convinced she hadn't scrubbers and can't find any mention of this happening.

No which is why I used the term 'I believe'.

Both Stena and BF debated cost and having them fitted prior to the charter with BF agreeing to foot the bill if the Swedes bought the vessel - which is what BF really wanted.

During her visit to Remontowa in 2015 when she received full Stena livery the activity, scaffolding, plate removal around the stack suggest that more than just paint was applied. The time spent in the yard also indicates that the work done was more than just cosmetic. 

Edited by jonno
1 hour ago, jonno said:

No which is why I used the term 'I believe'.

Both Stena and BF debated cost and having them fitted prior to the charter with BF agreeing to foot the bill if the Swedes bought the vessel - which is what BF really wanted.

During her visit to Remontowa in 2015 when she received full Stena livery the activity, scaffolding, plate removal around the stack suggest that more than just paint was applied. The time spent in the yard also indicates that the work done was more than just cosmetic. 

Fair enough.

I can't find any evidence she actually got scrubbers and there are no obvious physical changes so maybe if somebody knows different they can put us right :) 

Edited by RickOShea