News threads can only be replied to, not created.

Cotentin - Returning to Brittany Ferries in 2021

55 minutes ago, Khaines said:

How many returns has Barfleur had, This will be her third return to Poole won’t it after lay ups/charter?  She has been up and down that canal...😄

Yes she now qualifies to be registered as a canal Boat🤣

• Haha 7
  • Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few of her from the pilot boat this morning. 

Hope this is ok - uploaded to you tube.    

The only place she can go right now is back down the canal towards the sea. Any other direction and she's likley to get a bit stuck. Ed

Posted Images

I bet there can’t be many examples industry-wide where a member of a company’s operational fleet goes off for a multi-year charter to another company and then returns to service under her previous name with the original operator.

Dana Sirena / Baie de Seine is one such example that springs to mind.  Think Cotentin’s stint with Stena was longer than Sirena’s stint with BF wasn’t it?

Barfleur’s stint as Deal Seaways was fleeting by comparison with both of those two.  Any other examples?

• Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, Gareth said:

I bet there can’t be many examples industry-wide where a member of a company’s operational fleet goes off for a multi-year charter to another company and then returns to service under her previous name with the original operator.

Dana Sirena / Baie de Seine is one such example that springs to mind.  Think Cotentin’s stint with Stena was longer than Sirena’s stint with BF wasn’t it?

Barfleur’s stint as Deal Seaways was fleeting by comparison with both of those two.  Any other examples?

Stena Nordica was known Malo Seaways for a short period in 2015-16 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m sure I’ve seen pictures of Cotentin in the new livery when she left Poland.  Thought it was on here, but must have been somewhere else.  She looked smart in it.

Edit:  Don’t know if this is where I saw them, but there are several good photos of her, both leaving Gdansk and laid up in Le Havre, on Tony Weaver’s Facebook page.

29 minutes ago, Gareth said:

I’m sure I’ve seen pictures of Cotentin in the new livery when she left Poland.  Thought it was on here, but must have been somewhere else.  She looked smart in it.

Edit:  Don’t know if this is where I saw them, but there are several good photos of her, both leaving Gdansk and laid up in Le Havre, on Tony Weaver’s Facebook page.

In this thread 2 and 3 pages back. 

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stena Invicta said:

What was her schedule before she was chartered out ?

Cotentin?  She did two round trips per week from Poole to Santander, interspersed with a handful of Poole-Cherbourg rotations complimentary to Barfleur sailings.

1 hour ago, Khaines said:

Right, question posed to me - where is Cotentin going after Le Havre..

Thats up there with next weeks lottery numbers😁...I doubt even BF themselves will have decided. But she is flexible and can be deployed at short nortice wherever the freight looks like presenting itself..Maybe even an Ireland Spain route.

As Paul says, it’s all up in the air.  There are no Le Havre schedules in the timetables after Barfleur’s stint at the start of April, but I’d imagine they will take stock of what demand there is for the route once the current UK government contract has expired.  If the route continues then there must be a fair bet that Cotentin will take it on.

I guess the other possibility would be taking over the Poole-Bilbao route from Pelican?

Seems unlikely that she would return to Poole-Cherbourg while Barfleur is scheduled for that route.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Andy said:

Good to see her back in service. She’s only carrying unaccompanied freight at present. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJiaXuBpHMx/?igshid=1guaufk4s80c7

Can`t help but wonder how much previously `Accompanied` freight switches to `Unaccompanied` in the coming months. I suppose a lot will depend on the availability of drivers and tractor units either side of the channel. But the combination of Brexit and Covid together, you would think, is likely to change the previous dynamics?