News threads can only be replied to, not created.

Cotentin - Returning to Brittany Ferries in 2021

Cotentin has more berths than Barfleur, always has had.

I'll back @Fine Whine on this one, extending the superstructure would increase the capacity to match Barfy's and still maintain, if not slightly increase, the freight space on the route.

Investing in her rather than an out and out new build makes sense to me and Barfleur, just as Normandie, still has a fair bit to give especially as she fits everywhere. Might we see the two of them at Le Havré?

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few of her from the pilot boat this morning. 

Hope this is ok - uploaded to you tube.    

The only place she can go right now is back down the canal towards the sea. Any other direction and she's likley to get a bit stuck. Ed

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

As Jim has now legged it (🤣) my assumption is she’ll be transformed into an Armorique 2, which always was a plan B with her design and would make sense.

Chris

Brigitte is probably still choking over her mid morning croissant 🥐 !

I would have choked on my evening meal actually...😄. I actually found out yesterday, but was waiting for a thread to start here before commenting myself.  I found out via a screenshot sent to me on Facebook, but wasn’t sure of it’s authenticity as it was a screenshot of a French newspaper article, didn’t really want to start a thread on something that may well be just rumour.  As so happens,  I had no idea of the nam of the paper in question!

Soooooooo - my thoughts.  Well, seeing as I have in the past here said that Cotentin ought to return as I feel in the present climate regarding Brexit and freight, she should be recalled!  I said it myself and have speculated here myself so cannot say I am surprised.  Barfleur?  Not unexpected, but I am not throwing myself off a cliff as some probably think I might..😉.  Because of the situation as things are at the moment it isn’t something that surprises me.   From my point of view and others, it will be a shame to lose her obviously, but I think the days have long gone when a stink was kicked up about it all.  We have to move on, so be it.  Will have to adapt!

Fear not, I am perfectly ok with the situation...👍

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, hhvferry said:

No on Stena Baltica they are still shared. It's a bit disconcerting to find/hear someone else using your loo. Although then again on the Primrose once we had a private cabin and still someone else managed to get in, make their mark, and exit whilst we were out on deck. 

Ah - fairplay - what about the ones they are advertising as having an external/shared bathroom though?

As for Primrose... possibly one of life's mysteries better left unsolved!

9 minutes ago, hhvferry said:

What's ramps does she have between the vehicle decks? The ability to retrofit those if they don't exist would be an important factor for most potential buyers.

Looking back at @Timmy's response in the thread below, the suggestion is she has an internal lift rather than ramps

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Jim said:

Ah - fairplay - what about the ones they are advertising as having an external/shared bathroom though?

I think they just mean the shared bathroom isn't inside the cabin (which it isn't but then again not many bathrooms are); but they aren't implying it's down the corridor as a classic cabin without facilities would be.

Another thought on future use for Barfleur: she'd be ideal as a replacement for Corsica Marina Seconda or, less likely, the Moby Vincent on the Livorno- Bastia route. 

7 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Do they need a new diving reef ?

No - just as many reliable vessels as possible...

I know Barfleur is the 'baby' of the fleet, but is she too big for the CI?

10 minutes ago, Jim said:

Be surprised if she does.  At a VERY tight squeeze in Guernsey, can’t speak for St Helier.  I know they would love her in the CI instead of  Libby, and if she can fit in somehow, the great.  

17 minutes ago, Jim said:

I believe she is too big, but surely we shouldn’t let facts ruin a great rumour. 🙂

• Haha 3
Just now, nick hall said:

If Cotentin is going to have a significant rebuild it will be as though BF are in fact having a new build, which would make it 5 in 4 years.

Have we ever had it so good?

No we still have Bretagne 😉

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hhvferry said:

What's ramps does she have between the vehicle decks? The ability to retrofit those if they don't exist would be an important factor for most potential buyers.

She has an internal ramp, which was used in Santander.

1 hour ago, hhvferry said:

She has an internal ramp, which was used in Santander.  Sorry just realised you were talking about Barf not Cot.

18 minutes ago, LHCity said:

Cotentin to Cherbourg <> Poole...

Barfleur to Le Havre <> Portsmouth (instead of Etretat) 

Normandie to Le Havre <> Rosslare ? (New Route in project) > https://www.waterfordlive.ie/news/home/485178/new-rosslare-to-le-havre-shipping-route-could-benefit-waterford.html

Etretat return to Stena ?

It needs to be clarified that this is not “news”, it is speculation.  Accordingly, as you have done with the sections about Etretat and Normandie, there should be a question mark after your thoughts on Barfleur.  (No announcement has been made that she is moving to Le Havre, so this should not be being reported as a fact in the “news” section).

5 minutes ago, giloine said:

So sorry...... 

But why à rumor? It's a Jean Marc roue announcement on press..... 

The rumour refers to a Rosslare - Le Havré route and to Barfleur relocating not to your post regarding Cotentin returning.

• Andy changed the title to Cotentin - Returning to Brittany Ferries in 2021
  • Jim locked and unlocked this topic