Sign in to follow this  
straightfeed

Showing printed ticket at check in

Sometimes I don't have access to a printer when booking. I also don't have a mobile that can show emails.
Would it be accepted to check in just by quoting the booking refence number?
Or do I have to dig out my laptop and show the email?

Any ideas please.

Stu

When checked in in Cherbourg once, the ipad kept on trying to access the wifi while the desk girl was trying to read my ticket, the log in screen for the wifi kept on loading despite repeated attempts at clearing it...  We got there in the end...

Thanks all. I have the tickets on the laptop desktop (MSoft) so that loads without wifi. I also have a small usb stick in the car with lots of info to call up if stuck.

Just the thought of passing a laptop,even a small one through the car passenger window to a small checkin booth window. The rain only makes it less enjoyable!

Stu

Is there number plate recognition as you arrive at check in if you go in a car, and no need for anything more except passports? I am never asked for even a reference number though I suppose  foot passengers might need it.

Edited by wortley

4 hours ago, Jim said:

Just the number is usually fine

Well... Our experience is the lead passenger name is fine, except when Pierre Edant is on check in , when of course even your mothers maiden name,  your blood group, and your inside leg measurement would not be enough 

I was once told by a member of Normandies crew, the guy on the who makes the announcements at reception (most are ladies) that "we (BF)  should treat  all customers equally" and i always remember that, its a great ideal but not always the case, in many ways.