Sign in to follow this  
neilcvx

Plymouth Roscoff 27.08.20

Due to the logistics I’m having to endure Plymouth again for the start of our 3 week cycle , although early boarding a deluxe cabin and no drive (only 900 miles to cycle) make it acceptable.

Getting the TGV back from Hendaye to Morlaix only one change in Paris fortunately at the same station then night in Roscoff and drive to St Malo for ,

22.09.20 StMalo to Portsmouth early boarding,commodore cabin and no Plymouth customs made this sailing home a no brainier.

I will be setting up a Facebook page documenting the journey nearer the time for anyone that’s interested in food, saddle sores and scenery, hopefully I won’t have too many mishaps to document.😉

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, chris990 said:

I am also booked on the Pont on the 27th August but am only going for the weekend and booked to come back on Armorique

I will let you buy me a pint 😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

I will let you buy me a pint 😉

Perhaps we'll all buy you a pint if you make it to Hendaye! I do however suspect that the trickiest part of the adventure will be the return trip by train. 😉

Ed

2 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Perhaps we'll all buy you a pint if you make it to Hendaye! I do however suspect that the trickiest part of the adventure will be the return trip by train. 😉

Ed

yes but the seat will be more comfortable though 😂

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Ed

Hopefully won’t be too bad if they don’t go on strike , although the wife is upset that as we have the bikes we can’t go 1st class .

1 minute ago, Paully said:

yes but the seat will be more comfortable though 😂

Spending several days in Biarritz at the finish in a rather nice hotel  for some comfy seating 😉 and eating.

8 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

Hopefully won’t be too bad if they don’t go on strike , although the wife is upset that as we have the bikes we can’t go 1st class .

All French strikes are first class so you'll get the best experience available.  😂

I assume you haven't actually booked the train yet as the system usually only opens 4 months in advance for summer trips. Are you planning on getting a TGV back to Morlaix too?  I'm surprised you can't travel with bikes in 1st class. You will have to dismantle then into bags I guess. Ed. 

Yep haven’t booked yet but looked into basic timings etc , you have to book the bikes with your tickets and sit opposite them and travel 2nd class , if you want to travel 1st class you have to dismantle them and that isn’t going to happen, luckily the  taxi firm in Roscoff has a trailer service so when we get into Morlaix at 6pm we won’t have a 2 hour cycle to finish off the holiday.

Booking the whole thing has been interesting to say the least got the ferry and about 13 of the 21 hotels booked , my Dad suggested we take a tent that went down like a poo in a spacesuit with the wife 😂 

Edited by neilcvx

10 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

my Dad suggested we take a tent that went down like a poo in a spacesuit with the wife 😂 

Presumably as you suggested she carry it! 😀

I guess your train from South to North via Paris is on a Monday so it should be reasonably quite easy to get a ticket. Ed. 

26 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

Spending several days in Biarritz at the finish in a rather nice hotel  for some comfy seating 😉 and eating.

If you can manage to sit down that is🤣

9 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Presumably as you suggested she carry it! 😀

I guess your train from South to North via Paris is on a Monday so it should be reasonably quite easy to get a ticket. Ed. 

Yep leaves Biarritz about 9am Paris about 2 then to Morlaix Monday night at the Mercure in Roscoff then a leisurely drive to StMalo.

8 minutes ago, Paully said:

If you can manage to sit down that is🤣

There’s a bar to lean against if all else fails 😉

• Haha 2