pressoir

Deck 8 cabin on Baie de Seine

Is there any way of guaranteeing a deck 8 cabin on the BdS by selecting a particular cabin type? In my experience the cabins on deck 6 and 7 are much more vulnerable to car alarm noise. (bring back flogging for people who don't turn their alarms off).  I'm wondering if, for example, all the 4 berth outside cabins are on deck 8? My recent trips in 2 and 3 berth cabins have all resulted in being allocated cabins on decks 6 and 7 and the 4 berth cabins are only a few pounds more. I am booking the Member offer and that doesn't offer the option of the high spec two berth cabins. On my last trip I managed to swap cabins by asking at the desk but obviously if the ship is full then that won't be possible. 

Only by ringing up and speaking to BF.  They are usually very accommodating in moving your cabin to another one if available.

Just now, pressoir said:

Thanks Gareth. I'll give that a try. 

Worth having the ship deck plan to hand (assuming you can find it on the new website!). Then you can consider cabin numbers knowing where they are on the ship.

2 hours ago, pressoir said:

Is there any way of guaranteeing a deck 8 cabin on the BdS by selecting a particular cabin type? 

2 or 4 berth inside cabins are only on deck 8. But calling or even emailing is easy.

Thanks to all. I was allocated a cabin on deck 6.  I contacted BF by email to ask if I could be moved to deck 8 and it appears there are no outside 2 berth cabins on deck 8. I received a very nice email explaining this and I've been moved to a cabin on deck 7. My fault for not specifying that deck 7 was as bad as deck 6 in my email so I'll not pursue it further but full marks to them for  responding so promptly. Next time I'll book a 4 berth cabin so that I can be moved if there is space. I should probably have called but was too busy this morning. 

You can still call and change your cabin choice.  They’ll just adjust the price difference in the balance to pay.

On 07/11/2019 at 12:26, pressoir said:

Next time I'll book a 4 berth cabin so that I can be moved if there is space. I should probably have called but was too busy this morning. 

If you can run to the reasonable amount extra then go for a cabin on deck 10, off the reading lounge. We did this a couple of years back and it was well worth it and a cut above our usual 2 berth outside cabin on the Cap F. I don’t think it was a vast amount extra or we would not have done it.

I can’t find my old boat booklet but I am sure the deck plan linked in another post is not the same as the one we had. In the old plan the lifeboats were shown and the first cabin we were allocated had one directly outside the window and we were moved to one with an unrestricted view, off the lounge.