Sign in to follow this  
TonyMWeaver

Princess Anastasia Runs Aground

19 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Amazing that the water was deep enough for her to get that close in to a small craft jetty.

The message I got Gareth is that the ship was extremely close to ending up in someone's garden. very similar to the scene from Speed 2 all over again.

• Like 1

Even though it sounds from what Jonno said that the captain wasn't to blame, it's still an embarrassing accident. I bet he wishes he'd never been bjorn. :)  Chris! Let's start a new competition, shall we. Ed

Edited by Cabin-boy

It’s a very intricate navigational area, and not much you can do in the event of power failure.  Seems like it was probably too deep in the archipelago for dropping the anchor to have been of much use either.  So, I agree, can’t hold the skipper to blame for that.

11 hours ago, neilcvx said:

You’ve totally dismissed @Le Quiberon pedalo grounding that’s very remiss of you 😉

it was a daunting experience on must say. Ended up grounded on a lake, the sound of the lake bed grinding against the base of the vessel was horrendous, and then having to find assistance to manoeuvre out.

On another occasion I have lost rudder control on a pedalo in the Atlantic Ocean. A nut on the rudder fell off meaning we had no steering control and the vessel was drifting out to sea. Had to physically get out into the sea and steer the vessel myself.

Anyway back to the point, must be awful for passengers on board.