TonyMWeaver

Stena Takes Delivery Of Stena Estrid

Stena takes delivery of 'Stena Estrid' https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/uk-world/stena-line-takes-delivery-of-new-ferry-expected-to-be-sailing-on-dublin-route-by-january-38693233.html

Although the story from the Independent says that 'Stena Estrid' has set sail, it hasn't left Weihai yet. The journey from China to Ireland is expected to take a month.

https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/new-stena-line-ferry-sets-sail-from-china-to-dublin-38694136.html?fbclid=IwAR3Q2DzDPO3C9KTlNzpp_-40GzcKjhpJATLPeF206-I9YR9ysSg5xPJU-_Y

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Thanks Tony, I received the usual Shippax bulletin today, they believe the journey will take 6 weeks. @tarbyonline has also added some excellent stuff to his niferry website. Well worth a look.

https://www.niferry.co.uk/stena-estrid-stena-line/?fbclid=IwAR2boL8vtcTPRY0P7GYUl77KfRV-ac1_PZU0GpaWfO-WVbcJQeevknEnNBc

• Like 1

Any hint on what's next for Stena Superfast X? Stena have already publicly announced that Stena Lagan and Stena Mersey are being lengthened following replacement yet nothing seems to have been announced. You would have thought something would have been known since replacement is imminent. 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, georgem7 said:

Any hint on what's next for Stena Superfast X? Stena have already publicly announced that Stena Lagan and Stena Mersey are being lengthened following replacement yet nothing seems to have been announced. You would have thought something would have been known since replacement is imminent. 

Obvious one would be Fishguard -Rosslare but Stena seem happy with Stena Europe judging by the major overhaul she’s recently had.

Maybe Cherbourg but I don’t know how much of her cabins remain after working short sea routes for a while.

Or she maybe availability for others to charter, post guesses below.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick hall said:

Obvious one would be Fishguard -Rosslare but Stena seem happy with Stena Europe judging by the major overhaul she’s recently had.

Maybe Cherbourg but I don’t know how much of her cabins remain after working short sea routes for a while.

Or she maybe availability for others to charter, post guesses below.

Rosyth - Zeebruge 🤗

1 hour ago, neilcvx said:

Rosyth - Zeebruge 🤗

Maybe not so far fetched Neil, back to old stomping ground and she's already registered with Stena North Sea Ltd?

5 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Is she travelling over to Europe empty? I seem to recall another ferry, built perhaps in Korea, bringing load of cars over.  Ed. 

Pride of Bruges, or Norsun as she was then, brought a load of cars from Japan when she was built. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, jonno said:

Maybe not so far fetched Neil, back to old stomping ground and she's already registered with Stena North Sea Ltd?

I was down in Rosyth last week it’s all ready to go there, hopefully once you know what is sorted it could get up and running.

• Like 1

Decent article, thanks for the link.

One thing I noticed while reading is that the lane meterage is reduced for Salamanca & Santona, and this is confirmed on the Stena Ro Ro website.

The only explanation I can think off is the space is taken up with LNG fuel tanks.

1 hour ago, nick hall said:

One thing I noticed while reading is that the lane meterage is reduced for Salamanca & Santona, and this is confirmed on the Stena Ro Ro website.

The only explanation I can think off is the space is taken up with LNG fuel tanks.

The BF ships won't have the deck 7 vehicle lanes. As @neilcvx say's they're having more cabins.

3 hours ago, nick hall said:

Apologies I wasn’t clear enough. Galicia has more lane meters than Salamanca and Santona.

4 hours ago, nick hall said:

Apologies I wasn’t clear enough. Galicia has more lane meters than Salamanca and Santona.

Sorry Nick neither was I. None of them will have the deck 7 vehicle lanes but as you rightly point out the LNG ships, Salamanca & Santona, also lose HGV lanes due to the gas tanks. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Danim24 said:

Good morning, is there a version of this video that is not via Facebook? I don't do FB. Thanks.

No idea to be honest might be if you hunt it out.