TonyMWeaver

Stena Takes Delivery Of Stena Estrid

51 minutes ago, Shipping Forecast said:

Three videos on YT (YouTube)

Get To Know Stena Estrid - https://youtu.be/VRLRo1zh58w

Launching Ceremony - https://youtu.be/Zqk4JwguQqM (Very short video)

How To Paint A Vessel (Stena Estrid) - https://youtu.be/b6bXKkYcgFI

HTH

Thanks, I had seen the above videos but was unable to find the 'in depth' video posted. I'm anti Facebook so it looks like I'll have to wait for it to pop up elsewhere.

Think I read that she's going to Singapore then via Suez Canal with bunkering in Cadiz. It'll be interesting to see proper shots of the interior once they're available and then to contrast with what BF get/go-for.

On 21/11/2019 at 14:19, Jim said:

Think I read that she's going to Singapore then via Suez Canal with bunkering in Cadiz. It'll be interesting to see proper shots of the interior once they're available and then to contrast with what BF get/go-for.

From a member of the Stena Crew: Crew members and some colleagues from SFX are flying out to Gibraltar to meet the ship there, she'll receive bunkers while in port.

She’s being led by on the journey by Senior master Mathew Lynch and OSSM Steve Davies, there’s a great photo of the crew on Facebook but it’s in a closed group unfortunately.

She looks chunkier at the stern there than I was expecting. How many decks are the Flexers'? Will it be one deck lower than Honfleur?

Providing the weather in the Biscay eases, they should arrive in Dublin on December 22nd, currently scheduled for 21:30 local time. Stena Estrid is due to leave Algeciras sometime early on Thursday.

21 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

She looks great inside, particularly the Sky Bar area. I did get lost at one point though. Ed. 

Yes looks impressive will be interesting to see how the BF ships differ .

13 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Providing the weather in the Biscay eases, they should arrive in Dublin on December 22nd, currently scheduled for 21:30 local time. Stena Estrid is due to leave Algeciras sometime early on Thursday.

The Northern Ireland Ferries Site  are saying she is to arrive in Holyhead first , would this be for berthing trials before heading to Dublin for Sunday evening .She is due to be laid up in Dublin until entering service in early January .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chef said:

The Northern Ireland Ferries Site  are saying she is to arrive in Holyhead first , would this be for berthing trials before heading to Dublin for Sunday evening .She is due to be laid up in Dublin until entering service in early January .

There are crew familiarisation and berthing trials to do before entering service, this was due to start next Monday (23rd).