Jump to content
TonyMWeaver

Stena Takes Delivery Of Stena Estrid

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, jonno said:

Watching Edda steam up the Red Sea on AIS and her info reads "armed guards on board".😧

It was the same for her sister ship Estrid , they come on board off of Galle in Sri Lanka .

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very wise.  (Even if it isn’t true, it’s worth broadcasting on the AIS transmission).  But actually having them on board is even better.

Norman Arrow, of course, never needed them - she just floored it through the area! đŸ€Ł

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edda seems to be taking a more leisurely delivery voyage  of  14 to 15 knots  compared to her sister ship Estrid  which took the same journey at 20 to 21 knots , would it be that Stena are taking the opportunity  of the delivery voyages to gauge fuel consumption at the different speeds over the same distance .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chef said:

Edda seems to be taking a more leisurely delivery voyage  of  14 to 15 knots  compared to her sister ship Estrid  which took the same journey at 20 to 21 knots , would it be that Stena are taking the opportunity  of the delivery voyages to gauge fuel consumption at the different speeds over the same distance .

Possibly, they're all designed to travel at 18kts on the one engine/shaft with the other prop feathered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jonno said:

Watching Edda steam up the Red Sea on AIS and her info reads "armed guards on board".😧

My money would be on a group of well trained and disciplined vikings any day over a mob of drugged-up Somalis. Ed. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

My money would be on a group of well trained and disciplined vikings any day over a mob of drugged-up Somalis. Ed. 

They also leave Russian vessels well alone after their encounter with Spetnaz troops, they hadn`t expected to meet..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...