Cap Finistere sailing times

She’s only doing two trips per week to Spain in that period (and fitting in a couple of Le Havre rotations in between).  So no need to hammer the engines and burn all that extra fuel in the low season as no need to squeeze in the third Spain trip.

Will the 2 new ferries for Spain maintain the 24 hour crossing time from Portsmouth (assuming they are on that route). We like Brittany Ferries and the current crossing time suits us from Plymouth or Portsmouth. We do not use the economy service because of the increased crossing time nothing to do with the facilities. If they are slower then is this a retrograde step and should the Cap be retained to offer this as an option?

2 minutes ago, IanN said:

Will the 2 new ferries for Spain maintain the 24 hour crossing time from Portsmouth (assuming they are on that route). We like Brittany Ferries and the current crossing time suits us from Plymouth or Portsmouth. We do not use the economy service because of the increased crossing time nothing to do with the facilities. If they are slower then is this a retrograde step and should the Cap be retained to offer this as an option?

I believe they will be slower as they won't need to fit in three rotations per week. My guess is two trips to Spain and a call at either Cherbourg or Le Havre for crew changes. Ed. 

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

I believe they will be slower as they won't need to fit in three rotations per week. My guess is two trips to Spain and a call at either Cherbourg or Le Havre for crew changes. Ed. 

The quoted speed is 22kn, don't know if that's maximum or service speed, so if they don't slow down so much over night could probably still do it in 24hr, of course if they fitted into Plymouth it would not be a problem.