Sign in to follow this  
cvabishop

Windy!

Currently on Magellan in Tilbury. Sailing delayed from 1500 to 0200 due to weather. Wednesday call at Zeebrugge cancelled but hopefully Rouen and Honfleur will still go ahead with different timings. C'est la Vie. Interesting classic ship though.

• Like 2

Now not sailing until early Tuesday as traffic in the Seine is restricted by weather.

Drinks were free at dinner tonight. No tours of Tilbury laid on tomorrow though...

We actually did sail last night after all. Passed Dungeness at 0900. Not too rough at present but advised to stay off open decks. May get to Rouen tonight possibly....

Back home now. Full day in both Rouen and Honfeur. Sunny most of yesterday at Honfleur. Quite rough after departure last night but we arrived on time at Tilbury this morning. Last time I landed at Tilbury Passenger Terminal was in April 1964 off a school cruise on the old Devonia (fornerly troopship Devonshire). very informal sleeping arrangements in those days...

If anyone is interested I will put up a short report as our actual itinerary was quite similar to BF Xmas/New Year cruises to Rouen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cvabishop said:

If anyone is interested I will put up a short report as our actual itinerary was quite similar to BF Xmas/New Year cruises to Rouen.

Yes, please do Colin.