Crosshill

Pont Cabins

Hi folks,

I have booked up for a summer crossing on the Pont-Aven, first time I have sailed on her since 2005. My cabin number is 5433, question is it looks a strange shape compared to others around. Any knowledgeables know why?

Cheers

Ross

WE are always on Deck 6 near to Reception and have experienced no problems with noise from the garage. We had a cabin on one of the Xmas cruises on Deck 8 just beneath the Bridge. It was a very very rough return from Antwerp - Deck 8 never again. You should be ok in summer. 5433 is the last one on the starboard side.

Check that is not a bunk bed layout. We always book an outside 2 berth cabin and usually travel on the Cap. Our first year on the Pont Aven we were allocated a tiny two berth bunk bed layout which we thought was a mistake and meant to be a single cabin but were told that all Pont outside 2 berths were like this.

We had a ghastly night as it was so rough we could not safely get up or down the ladder to the top bunk.

After that, if it had to be the Pont we booked a 4 berth outside cabin, which was fine.

Most 2 berth cabins in the fleet feature an upper bunk. If you lack some agility then always go for a 4 berth. A comfort break in the early hours when you are in the upper bunk can be a real obstacle course!

• Like 1

Agree with all views above. When booking on website more information about the cabins can be seen by clicking on the arrow button beside the cabin type.

By the way does Bretagne still have cabins on Deck 2?

10 hours ago, rileyman said:

WE are always on Deck 6 near to Reception and have experienced no problems with noise from the garage. We had a cabin on one of the Xmas cruises on Deck 8 just beneath the Bridge. It was a very very rough return from Antwerp - Deck 8 never again. You should be ok in summer. 5433 is the last one on the starboard side.

Nearly always have had cabins on deck 8 and not had any issues , you shouldn’t  get garage noise on deck 6 as you would have a deck of cabins below you an advantage of a cabin right next to reception is free WiFi.

On 16/12/2019 at 11:35, Manxscorpio said:

We have always been on deck 5 or deck 6 on PA (with our dog in a kennel) and never experienced any undue noise - on CF we are always on deck 9

I prefer Deck 6 or 8 on PA, as it seems quieter, but unfortunately all the Club cabins are on deck 5!

10 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

I prefer Deck 6 or 8 on PA, as it seems quieter, but unfortunately all the Club cabins are on deck 5!

Are there not a few club cabins on deck 8 ?

2 minutes ago, scarlton said:

No. All on deck 5.

I only travel commodore or Deluxe these days 😉😂  (not my choice the wife’s) so I’m a bit out touch .

23 hours ago, neilcvx said:

Are there not a few club cabins on deck 8 ?

Best deck 8 "standard" cabins are the 4 berth outside, just near the bar:)

1 hour ago, hf_uk said:

Best deck 8 "standard" cabins are the 4 berth outside, just near the bar:)

As well as being close to the bar (though they are behind glass doors so no issue with noise) they guarantee you a full sea view which isn’t always the case on the promenade deck - and you don’t have car alarms going off beneath you! 😒

• Like 1

We once had the forward most 4 berth, virtually under the bridge, quietest cabin we've ever had, just glad it was flat calm wouldn't like to be up there in bad weather.

• Like 1