Sign in to follow this  
westy

Travelling to the EU after 31 January 2020

The Agreement has been signed by all parties today meaning that travelling to the Eu for the next 11 months is no different to what it has been.

No green card, no IDP, passports for pets and their human friends are fine and the EHIC card is valid. Customs at the ports should be no different either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 21/12/2019 at 19:07, cvabishop said:

You shouldn't rely totally on the EHIC  anyway as it only entitles you to the usual standard of the country you are visiting. In some EU countries the patient is expected to be fed by their family whilst in hospital and overall standards vary immensely.

In France, which this is about I think, well looked after, been there, done it. It was pleasant.

• Like 1

I suspect much of all this will be resolved over the next 12 months. Remember what used to happen before we joined the EU? No problem with passport validity and driving licenses, and I suspect that motor insurance companies will have to stop mucking about and issue 12 month validity green cards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, veryoldbear said:

and I suspect that motor insurance companies will have to stop mucking about and issue 12 month validity green cards.

LV+ already does (on request). and most near European Countries (except France) have already said that we won't need an IDP for short stays, however  some will require a photo-card licence. Hopefully France will fall in line this year !

Edited by David Williams

16 minutes ago, David Williams said:

however  some will require a photo-card licence.

I think 99% of U.K licence's are photo card now and these are renewed every ten years, mine's up in 2025.

Just now, jonno said:

I think 99% of U.K licence's are photo card now and these are renewed every ten years, mine's up in 2025.

I think that it is a lot less due to those that haven't moved house in the last 20 years (like me !) However I did finally bite the bullet and pay for one as it is a useful form of ID !

1 minute ago, David Williams said:

I think that it is a lot less due to those that haven't moved house in the last 20 years (like me !) However I did finally bite the bullet and pay for one as it is a useful form of ID !

Oh year, we moved in in 2015... good thinking batman!