SAILING UPDATES: 2020 Latest News

Sailings Updates for 2020 can be posted here.  (Quick Reminder - this thread is for reporting and discussing news directly related to Sailings Updates.  Detailed discussion of follow-up issues / pontifications should have their own separate threads).

Link to the 2019 Updates thread:

https://bfenthusiasts.com/bfe/topic/12123-sailing-updates-2019-latest-news/

Happy New Year everyone!

• Like 3
  • Gareth pinned this topic
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My son wanted to see the Pont Aven come in and we hung around for the Connemara too. The Pont Aven even gave a blast of the horn as he waved from the round tower. 

Can I just say that’s terrible news about your wife - I for one would like to pass on heartfelt thoughts to you both as I’m sure other Enthusiasts will as well.... Chris

When did they install that massive bird on the mast? Is that to scare the hell out of the seagulls and stop them from pooping on the poop deck?! 😉

Posted Images

So, the first update of the year has just popped up and it's strike-related.

PORTSMOUTH TO LE HAVRE / LE HAVRE TO PORTSMOUTH

We are sorry to advise that as a result of strike action in the port, the following sailings have been cancelled:

Portsmouth to Le Havre 08 January 2020 at 23:30 

Le Havre to Portsmouth 09 January 2020 at 14:30 

Portsmouth to Le Havre 09 January 2020 at 14:30 

Le Havre to Portsmouth 09 January 2020 at 23:00 

And

POOLE TO CHERBOURG / CHERBOURG TO POOLE

We are sorry to advise that as a result of strike action in the port, the following sailings have been cancelled:

Poole to Cherbourg 09 January 2020 at 08:30 

Cherbourg to Poole 09 January 2020 at 18:30 

Ed

Edited by Cabin-boy
  • Sad 1

As Plymouth-Roscoff is shut down for a while, it seems they are doing some work on the gangway/linkspan in Roscoff. CF's sailings from the port down to Bilbao have been diverted to Brest (to pick up passenges and change the crew) for the rest of January. My father is due to be on board the last of the three sailings so may wake up somewhere he wasn't expecting. From the French update page:

Vers l'Espagne

DE ROSCOFF À BILBAO

Bonjour, en raison de l’indisponibilité de la passerelle à Roscoff, les départs ci-dessous à destination de Bilbao s'effectueront désormais du port de BREST. Merci de vous présenter au port de  commerce à 11H45 pour l'enregistrement, le départ est prévu à 12H30. Votre heure d'arrivée à Bilbao reste inchangée. 
Lorsque vous arrivez sur Brest vous devez suivre la direction de Brest Ports et vous rendre Avenue de Kiel où se trouve la zone d'embarquement. 
Nous vous remercions de votre compréhension et vous souhaitons une agréable traversée à bord du Cap Finistère.

Lundi 13 janvier : départ de Brest
Lundi 20 janvier : départ de Brest
Lundi 27 janvier : départ de Brest

Ed

49 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

They should have given me a call, I would have been more than happy to help ...9_9🤣

Chris

If the dockers were going back to work afterwards then two glasses were more than enough. It just goes to show that No good deed will go unpunished.

• Haha 1

09Jan ... Bilbao to Portsmouth is delayed for 8 hours due to weather. Looks like dinner will be served with the lovely views of the dock. Shame we now arrive in Portsmouth at 10:30pm tomorrow and have to drive to Manchester. 

• Sad 1
7 minutes ago, Northern_Si said:

09Jan ... Bilbao to Portsmouth is delayed for 8 hours due to weather. Looks like dinner will be served with the lovely views of the dock. Shame we now arrive in Portsmouth at 10:30pm tomorrow and have to drive to Manchester. 

I would be getting a hotel in Portsmouth if I didn’t have to rush up the road.

15 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

I would be getting a hotel in Portsmouth if I didn’t have to rush up the road.

Looking at the weather, I’m still not convinced we will be departing at 10pm tonight. Will be rather annoyed if we arrive at midnight or later. 

Bretagne on berth 4 and Cap Finistere later on berth 3. They are still working on berth 2, had to stop yesterday due to Viking Star visiting. The next cruise ship isn't scheduled until April 21st, plenty of time to get the berth ready.

48 minutes ago, Andy said:

Very unusual sight to have the economie fleet (Kerry excluded) all at anchor in the Solent this morning!

8B9CC7CD-0FE2-40F8-B9B2-7D77DBB40381.jpeg

A Scapa flow solution to the economie brand ?

• Haha 2

Nothing to do with the strike then !

Le Havre to Portsmouth 10 January 2020 at 13:00 

Le Havre to Portsmouth 10 January 2020 at 22:00 

Portsmouth to Le Havre 10 January 2020 at 23:00 

Le Havre to Portsmouth 11 January 2020 at 12:00

Portsmouth to Le Havre 11 January 2020 at 14:30

Le Havre to Portsmouth 11 January 2020 at 23:00 

3 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Nothing to do with the strike then !

Le Havre to Portsmouth 10 January 2020 at 13:00 

Le Havre to Portsmouth 10 January 2020 at 22:00 

Portsmouth to Le Havre 10 January 2020 at 23:00 

Le Havre to Portsmouth 11 January 2020 at 12:00

Portsmouth to Le Havre 11 January 2020 at 14:30

Le Havre to Portsmouth 11 January 2020 at 23:00 

This explains the reason. 

https://www.cgt-gpmh.com/app/download/11302815494/tract+grèves+à+compter+du+9+janvier+2020.pdf?t=1578520042

Ed

I had the very unusual sight of Connemara berthed next to Armorique this morning ( both Morlaix registered) when suddenly about 40 French cars drove off Connemara, did a u-turn and embarked immediately on Armorique which turned out to be crew heading back to France. Yes it’s been a great day for ship spotting, we passed Bretagne entering Portsmouth harbour this morning, Baie de Seine and Etretat anchored off St Helens, Queen Mary 2 en route to Southampton and now Normandie leaving Ouistreham - unfortunately my phone is flat ...😳

Which is more than can be said for the first 2 hours of the crossing with a long, low Atlantic swell making Armorique bounce around quite spectacularly...

Chris

• Like 5

Our ferry due to leave Sunday night has been delayed until Monday morning,that means a 3 night stay in hotel for us,we arranged this because we have had to go to a funeral in London on Saturday morning.not to worry it is better it just been delayed then that drive through France.i also see the santander to portsmouth is delayed has well.the joys of travelling in the winter months.

We're back to the UK on Sunday evening using the ship that is probably being referred to in the previous conversation...🤣

BF have just texted to say arrival has been put back to 22h45 from 21h45 due to "Unavaliability of the berth in Poole". Does anyone have a clue what's going on, that's Barfleur's berth!

Chris