Gareth

SAILING UPDATES: 2020 Latest News

36 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

We're back to the UK on Sunday evening using the ship that is probably being referred to in the previous conversation...ūü§£

BF have just texted to say arrival has been put back to 22h45 from 21h45 due to "Unavaliability of the berth in Poole". Does anyone have a clue what's going on, that's Barfleur's berth!

Chris

It may be Condor Rapide that is on the berth. They appear to have switched their ships around recently but I haven't had time to look at the timetables to try and work out why and for how long. Ed. 

39 minutes ago, nodwad said:

Just one other point no mention of these delays on brittany ferries website.

I’ve been looking at the shipping forecast for days and could see the Bilbao to Portsmouth was going to be delayed. First notification from BF was a text message 5 hours before check in telling us of an hour delay. Second was an announcement onboard telling us of a further 7 hour delay.   Some better comms and I could have had another few hours in bed. 

50 minutes ago, Smiler said:

MN Pelican Sailing 2115 tbc Sunday Eve 

Ah ok Smiler, thanks. I’ve just spotted on the freight website that it’s Bore Bay leaving at 21h15 on Sunday evening, delayed by 24 hours due to the rotten weather. I say -tranklements! An hour isn’t much in the greater scheme of things but a 22h45 disembarkation is realistically 00h30 in Emsworth and bed. As Mrs FW heads to work early the alarm will be set for 06h00 and the conversation usually goes along  the lines of - Darling - Tea - NOW!

Chris

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

I’ve just spotted on the freight website that it’s Bore Bay leaving at 21h15 on Sunday evening

I see BF haven't updated the Freight Website yet, Bore Bay is in Norway. MN Pelican is back on the Poole/Bilbao route.

• Thanks 1

On 10/01/2020 at 11:10, Andy said:

Very unusual sight to have the economie fleet (Kerry excluded) all at anchor in the Solent this morning!

8B9CC7CD-0FE2-40F8-B9B2-7D77DBB40381.jpeg

And here they are in the flesh so to speak :)

698C1C53-2F13-41DF-B324-20A45CA6340F.jpeg

• Like 2

There are numerous cancellations due to the weather and strikes on the updates page. 

PORTSMOUTH TO LE HAVRE / LE HAVRE TO PORTSMOUTH

We are sorry to advise that as a result of strike action in the port of Le Havre the following sailings have been cancelled.  Please call 0044 1752 648637 to discuss alternatives. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Portsmouth to Le Havre 13 January 2020 at 21:30  
Portsmouth to Le Havre 14 January 2020 at 14:30  
Le Havre to Portsmouth 14 January 2020 at 17:00  
Le Havre to Portsmouth 14 January 2020 at 23:00  
Portsmouth to Le Havre 14 January 2020 at 23:30  
Portsmouth to Le Havre 15 January 2020 at 14:30  
Le Havre to Portsmouth 15 January 2020 at 17:00  
Le Havre to Portsmouth 15 January 2020 at 23:00
Portsmouth to Le Havre 15 January 2020 at 23:30  
Le Havre to Portsmouth 16 January 2020 at 14:30  
Portsmouth to Le Havre 16 January 2020 at 14:30  
Le Havre to Portsmouth 16 January 2020 at 23:00  

We are sorry to advise that due to bad weather the following sailings have been cancelled. Please call 01752 648637 to discuss alternatives.  Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Portsmouth to Le Havre 16 January 2020 @ 23:00
Le Havre to Portsmouth 17 January 2020 @ 13:00 

POOLE TO CHERBOURG / CHERBOURG TO POOLE

We are sorry to advise that as a result of bad weather the following sailings have been cancelled. Please call 01752 648637 to discuss alternatives. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Poole to Cherbourg 14 January 2020 08:30 

Cherbourg to Poole 14 January 2020  21:45

Ed

Ouistreham port blockaded Tuesday morning 14 Jan

The latest stage in the protests against pension reform.

Pax and vehicles being held on board, according to the local news. 

I'll try to keep an eye out for updates, and I'm sure colleagues here will do the same

https://actu.fr/normandie/ouistreham_14488/retraites-200-manifestants-bloquent-poids-lourds-ferry-ouistreham_30743856.html

Riot police (CRS) moved in just before 08h local time and used tear gas to disperse the demonstrators.

The port is "now working with some delays".

Such rapid involvement of the CRS ‚Äď normally called in by the Prefecture ‚Äď underlines the importance of the ferry link to the Calvados economy.

• Like 3

I just read on Facebook of someone who's in a "lock in" in Portsmouth. Due to sail to Santander this morning but now not leaving until tomorrow

There are further strikes in Le Havre this week. From the sailings' update page:

We are sorry to advise that as a result of strike action in the port of Le Havre the following sailings have been cancelled.  Please call 0044 1752 648637 to discuss alternatives.  Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Portsmouth to Le Havre 21 January at 23:30  
Portsmouth to Le Havre 22 January at 14:30  
Le Havre to Portsmouth 22 January at 17:00  
Le Havre to Portsmouth 22 January at 23:00  
Portsmouth to Le Havre 22 January at 23:30  
Le Havre to Portsmouth 23 January at 14:30 
Portsmouth to Le Havre 23 January at 14:30 
Portsmouth to Le Havre 23 January at 23:00    
Le Havre to Portsmouth 23 January at 23:00  
Portsmouth to Le Havre 24 January at 09:30 
Le Havre to Portsmouth 24 January at 13:00   
Le Havre to Portsmouth 24 January at 22:00

Ed

14 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

There are further strikes in Le Havre this week. From the sailings' update page:

We are sorry to advise that as a result of strike action in the port of Le Havre the following sailings have been cancelled.  Please call 0044 1752 648637 to discuss alternatives.  Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Portsmouth to Le Havre 21 January at 23:30  
Portsmouth to Le Havre 22 January at 14:30  
Le Havre to Portsmouth 22 January at 17:00  
Le Havre to Portsmouth 22 January at 23:00  
Portsmouth to Le Havre 22 January at 23:30  
Le Havre to Portsmouth 23 January at 14:30 
Portsmouth to Le Havre 23 January at 14:30 
Portsmouth to Le Havre 23 January at 23:00    
Le Havre to Portsmouth 23 January at 23:00  
Portsmouth to Le Havre 24 January at 09:30 
Le Havre to Portsmouth 24 January at 13:00   
Le Havre to Portsmouth 24 January at 22:00

Ed

Perhaps it might be easier if they could give their employers a list of dates when they would attend for work

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Paully said:

Perhaps it might be easier if they could give their employers a list of dates when they would attend for work

The dockers really want BF to increase sailings to Le Havre don't they.

• Sad 1

On 20/01/2020 at 16:21, Paully said:

Wonder why tho the friday sailing said cancelled due to bad weather (and they added that on Monday). Right now am embroiled in a big argument with them. CGT have announced another national day of action on Thursday , as yet BF have cancelled nothing into Le Havre. I dont fancy getting out of the Ferry Terminal on the Weds night as we are booked on the 21;00 arrival. BF playinh had ball and refusing to budge re loss of entire fare if we drop out. I explained I didnt realy want to be out inthe position of trying to exit Le Havre and was hoping a long time customer and CV member they might find some goodwill. No hope , take it or leave it (and the 250 quid)

Ummmmm - anyone explain this? ¬†I was thinking of a trip on NEX this year after recent conversations about her, so thought about Barfy one way and NEX the other, and this is what is on the BF website...ūü§Ē

CE120114-FA63-4C86-BBBE-E97A23C316B2.png

Yes, Normandie arrived there yesterday for a week to be cleaned up. Meanwile the (partly) freshly painted MSM and Armorique are operating between Portsmouth and Ouistreham. Normandie will reume service as shown on the 10th of February.

Ed

12 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Yes, Normandie arrived there yesterday for a week to be cleaned up. Meanwile the (partly) freshly painted MSM and Armorique are operating between Portsmouth and Ouistreham. Normandie will reume service as shown on the 10th of February.

Ed

Aaaah, I have not woken up yet, forgot I had to tab across - thought there were no NEX sailings this year...ūüôĄ. ¬†Not enough coffee...ūüėā

48 minutes ago, Khaines said:

Aaaah, I have not woken up yet, forgot I had to tab across - thought there were no NEX sailings this year...ūüôĄ. ¬†Not enough coffee...ūüėā

See! ¬†These wretched new timetables where you only get a month at a time! ūüėČ

• Haha 1

Short notice cancellation to St Malo tonight due to further strike action. Bretagne at anchor in the Solent until Friday.

image.png.a10063e5ecdedb53c01ef7e0f6fb8642.png

• Sad 1