News threads can only be replied to, not created.

SAILING UPDATES: 2020 Latest News

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can I just say that’s terrible news about your wife - I for one would like to pass on heartfelt thoughts to you both as I’m sure other Enthusiasts will as well.... Chris

My son wanted to see the Pont Aven come in and we hung around for the Connemara too. The Pont Aven even gave a blast of the horn as he waved from the round tower. 

Thanks for all the concern, made it back into Portsmouth this morning and Mrs FW’s wine stocks have been duly replenished so she’s doubly happy. Not particularly bothered about getting back although a

Posted Images

Quite a few weather related changes on the bf pages. St Malo diverts to Cherbourg, Barfy cancelled and also changes to Le Havre and Spanish sailings.

Not surprised, expect there will be quite a few around Dover and the North Sea too given the forecasts for that neck of the woods!

6 minutes ago, Tumnus2010 said:

Quite a few weather related changes on the bf pages. St Malo diverts to Cherbourg, Barfy cancelled and also changes to Le Havre and Spanish sailings.

Not surprised, expect there will be quite a few around Dover and the North Sea too given the forecasts for that neck of the woods!

From what I follow, the worst effects are further east than here, but Monday morning the wind may get N of W which challenges even the best at St Malo at the currently forecast 40-50 knots. Even the berthing in Cherbourg may be fun to watch. Tugs better not go on strike.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Tumnus2010 said:

Barfy’s sailing was delayed yesterday, apparently was a late departure from Cherbourg arriving in Poole at 08.00.  I went round to Poole Quay this morning to watch her go out as decided to have a wander round and as she had not left by well past 08.30 assumed she was cancelled  due to the weather.  Went into Wetherspoons to have a look at the wifi, and she was being bunkered.  Assumed she was cancelled and checked the BF sailing updates.  She apparently left Poole late, according to a friend on Facebook, as I read the updates wrong and she did sail!   Libby is sailing back from the CI tonight getting in at 10pm apparently!  

7 minutes ago, Simon F said:

Feeling for anyone who has been travelling back on the cap, just over 27 hours later shes finally on approach! having sailed on her on a bad biscay crossing you would have more than had enough by now

With tug assistance again too. Bretagne, Mont St Michel ,Armorique, Etretat, and Connemara all had tugs today. (Photos: Tugmaster Lee)

b.jpg

C1.jpg

A2.jpg

• Like 2

'Cap Finistere' inbound to Portsmouth International Port with assistance once again by the team at SMS Towage Limited and Pilot from ABP Southampton due to the strong winds and issue with a bow thruster. Photos from Tugmaster Lee. Their next job will be the final arrival of 'Armorique' at 06:30. 'Armorique departs Portsmouth at 09:00 bound for Plymouth, arriving at 17:30.

84452292_246957186289289_8766003035383005184_n.jpg

85139996_944777625917209_1538399432217722880_n.jpg

85139996_201160387699120_5215819098990051328_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As is so often the case, Bretagne could easily have docked in St Malo this morning. The wind has stayed S of W and is around 15 knots at her normal arrival time. On the other hand, the crossing would have been lively....

• Gareth unpinned this topic
  • Gareth locked this topic