Jump to content

SAILING UPDATES: 2020 Latest News


Recommended Posts

That was a very good move David, for more reasons than one. The £85 each way pricing has soared to between £165 and over £200 at weekends. Luckily I've booked my July and August crossings at the old rate and benefitted from the 40% CV reduction - hurrah!

Chris

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My son wanted to see the Pont Aven come in and we hung around for the Connemara too. The Pont Aven even gave a blast of the horn as he waved from the round tower. 

Can I just say that’s terrible news about your wife - I for one would like to pass on heartfelt thoughts to you both as I’m sure other Enthusiasts will as well.... Chris

When did they install that massive bird on the mast? Is that to scare the hell out of the seagulls and stop them from pooping on the poop deck?! 😉

Posted Images

Seems the Portsmouth to Cherbourg crossings from the 28th August to the 6th September are shown as being operated by the Nex not the Connemara!!..with such sailings ceasing for the season from the 6th..think that might have to change

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paully said:

Seems the Portsmouth to Cherbourg crossings from the 28th August to the 6th September are shown as being operated by the Nex not the Connemara!!..with such sailings ceasing for the season from the 6th..think that might have to change

They are still in the process of changing the timetables.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/06/2020 at 21:32, hf_uk said:

When did they install that massive bird on the mast? Is that to scare the hell out of the seagulls and stop them from pooping on the poop deck?! 😉

😄 Beats those awful looking sail rotors!

With Pont sailing to Santander and the Cap Finistere carrying passengers to Spain (no photo of Cap I'm afraid, too early for me!), we need to crack open the Sangria! :) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Andy said:

😄 Beats those awful looking sail rotors!

With Pont sailing to Santander and the Cap Finistere carrying passengers to Spain (no photo of Cap I'm afraid, too early for me!), we need to crack open the Sangria! :) 

 

CF3.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TonyMWeaver said:

 

CF3.jpg

Thanks Tony, but that’s in daylight... the first Cap sailing with passengers departed in the early hours of Monday morning. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Andy said:

Thanks Tony, but that’s in daylight... the first Cap sailing with passengers departed in the early hours of Monday morning. 

What do your want him to do?  Hold up a copy of the The News with the date clearly visible in each photo as proof? 😉 Ed. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

What do your want him to do?  Hold up a copy of the The News with the date clearly visible in each photo as proof? 😉 Ed. 

How about - either post a photo that is genuinely topical, or don’t post one (?). 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

Fantastic Video by Ignacio Rey, although the caption is wrong.

Great to see, thanks Tony.  And even her bow doors seem to be working properly!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

You said "genuinely topical", which it is.

Well we’ll have to disagree on the semantics of the terminology!  Andy mentioned that he didn’t get a photo of CF on her first passenger-carrying sailing, and you posted a stock photo in reply.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, nodwad said:

On about sailing updates ,wonder if the winter timetable will come out on time.i think sombody said 18 July.

Twitter says a couple of weeks, the French site says Les horaires des traversées 2021 sont en cours d'élaboration et publiées le 22 juillet 2020.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, rogerpatenall said:

A bit of a pricing anomaly here!. I would have sent it to BF if I had an address - but perhaps they'll pick it up anyway.

 

Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 11.53.31.png

I saw this on a booking yesterday Flexible was significantly cheaper than Economy

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, IanN said:

I saw this on a booking yesterday Flexible was significantly cheaper than Economy

I have seen this as well, it is possible that it  is deliberate as they sell in blocks of tickets at a given price. and when they are gone move up to the next level.

Initially there was a fixed difference in price, however that seems to have gone.now and maybe each type of ticket has its own set blocks. We shall see as tickets get sold 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, IanN said:

I saw this on a booking yesterday Flexible was significantly cheaper than Economy

Flexible €144 - Economy €119 seems €25 dearer to me, not a deal breaker in these times I would spend the extra for peace of mind!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rogerpatenall said:

A bit of a pricing anomaly here!. I would have sent it to BF if I had an address - but perhaps they'll pick it up anyway.

 

Screenshot 2020-07-17 at 11.53.31.png

It depends on the date. If it is the Friday before the Le Mans 24 hour race it might actually be correct. Ed. 

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...