SAILING UPDATES: 2020 Latest News

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My son wanted to see the Pont Aven come in and we hung around for the Connemara too. The Pont Aven even gave a blast of the horn as he waved from the round tower. 

Can I just say that’s terrible news about your wife - I for one would like to pass on heartfelt thoughts to you both as I’m sure other Enthusiasts will as well.... Chris

Thanks for all the concern, made it back into Portsmouth this morning and Mrs FW’s wine stocks have been duly replenished so she’s doubly happy. Not particularly bothered about getting back although a

Posted Images

Is it a case of the computer says? With no human input to say that's stupid.  The computer is probably programmed that if a certain ticket sort sells so many the price goes up and doesn't look at the other classes of ticket, which a human would, to see what is happening there.

I see what you mean. I was just thinking that prices might go up if an event is taking place and BF said themselves that the standard fare was the most popular. So if people clicked on that as a reflex then they are quids in but I agree that if you were paying attention and saw the flexi fare was cheaper then it's a no-brainer. Ed

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

'Cap Finistere' arrived into Santander nearly 2 hours later than scheduled today, apparent "Technical Issues".

I wonder how passengers are going to take the news that they'll need to quarantine on return to the UK :(

10 minutes ago, Jim said:

I wonder how passengers are going to take the news that they'll need to quarantine on return to the UK :(

Thankfully my insurance covers me should a similar situation arise in France. To be fair Nicola Sturgeon did warn people that booked foreign holidays that such a situation could arise.

11 minutes ago, Jim said:

According to the Guardian, people arriving back from Spain by 11pm tonight will not have to self-isolate - so sighs of relief all round from the CF passengers I imagine. Spain is being removed from the list of "safe" countries from midnight.

I wonder how they will manage with any passengers from south-western France who are simply driving through Spain to the port to avoid the long drive? Presumably they will be asking for details of where you were staying. Ed. 

14 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

To be fair Nicola Sturgeon did warn people that booked foreign holidays that such a situation could arise.

So did I.  And Colin.  In this forum.  On multiple occasions. 😉

(All three of us have in common that we were nothing to do with the decision.  (Which was taken by the UK government)).

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Gareth said:

So did I.  And Colin.  In this forum, on multiple occasions. 😉

All three of us have in common that we were nothing to do with the decision.  (Which was taken by the UK government).

To be fair I suspect more people were aware of someone saying it on national tv and newspapers and the UK government decisions are made with advice from SAGE which has representatives from the Scottish government do not entirely nothing to do with the Scottish government decision, I know from the much liked “ Scots don’t like English “post on here that’s not a popular opinion but I would have hoped people would realise public health is the priority not politics.

10 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Does anyone know if the Balearic islands are included in the scheme? I have a feeling a lot of British tourists have gone down there, particularly the younger generation to Magaluf and Ibiza. Ed. 

Yes, Balearic Islands and Canary Islands are included. Seems the worst outbreak is in the Barcelona area.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Shefford said:

Yes, Balearic Islands and Canary Islands are included. Seems the worst outbreak is in the Barcelona area.

The Leicester outbreak was apparently narrowed down to a few streets , so if the numbers get so low it would seem logical that a Spanish outbreak could follow the same pattern , unfortunately the foreign office can’t ban travel to one city the whole country seems to be the only option. 

Edited by neilcvx
28 minutes ago, Shefford said:

According to the Guardian, people arriving back from Spain by 11pm tonight will not have to self-isolate - so sighs of relief all round from the CF passengers I imagine. Spain is being removed from the list of "safe" countries from midnight.

She's not due back to Portsmouth until tomorrow...

1 minute ago, Cabin-boy said:

So those at sea right now might wake up tomorrow morning to learn the news. Ed

In theory, yes... Or those with a telly in their cabin/perseverance with the WiFi may find out sooner! Will be interesting to hear from any BFE Member on how things are handled.

1 minute ago, Jim said:

In theory, yes... Or those with a telly in their cabin/perseverance with the WiFi may find out sooner! Will be interesting to hear from any BFE Member on how things are handled.

I see a passenger mutiny comming on. Ed  

21 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

Socially distanced , mask wearing, late arrival mutiny.

Not exactly but we'll see. 

Why don't they implement a system like in Jersey with a test on arrival (or once you get home) followed by social distancing until the results come through and, if necessary, follow-up tests after 7 days?  

Ed.

• Gareth unpinned this topic
  • Gareth locked this topic