Jump to content
Gareth

SAILING UPDATES: 2020 Latest News

Recommended Posts

From Sky News:

"Transport Secretary Grant Shapps is currently in Spain on holiday. He has said he will stay there for the duration of his holiday then self-isolate as required."

Ed

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going abroad was always going to be risky in a volatile situation with more and more upsurges of infections in various countries. Just a gamble really. One of the reasons we decifed to canel our September break in Greece.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

From Sky News:

"Transport Secretary Grant Shapps is currently in Spain on holiday. He has said he will stay there for the duration of his holiday then self-isolate as required."

Ed

Every cloud and all that 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, neilcvx said:

The Leicester outbreak was apparently narrowed down to a few streets , so if the numbers get so low it would seem logical that a Spanish outbreak could follow the same pattern , unfortunately the foreign office can’t ban travel to one city the whole country seems to be the only option. 

That is the silly thing about this, the fco travel ban can and does ban travel to regions or towns where appropriate. In this case the ban is for mainland Spain. It is the public health authorities that impose quarantine on arrivals from all Spain including  the CanarIes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cap Finistere looks, from the tracker, to be sailing a good couple of hours behind schedule.  The passengers who boarded in Santander unaware that they will need to quarantine upon arrival look like they will be getting in nearer 10 or 11pm, rather than 8pm.

Nothing on BF’s sailings updates page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Cap Finistere looks, from the tracker, to be sailing a good couple of hours behind schedule.  The passengers who boarded in Santander unaware that they will need to quarantine upon arrival look like they will be getting in nearer 10 or 11pm, rather than 8pm.

Nothing on BF’s sailings updates page.

Might that be due to the 2 hour delay yesterday arriving in Spain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Cap Finistere looks, from the tracker, to be sailing a good couple of hours behind schedule.  The passengers who boarded in Santander unaware that they will need to quarantine upon arrival look like they will be getting in nearer 10 or 11pm, rather than 8pm.

Nothing on BF’s sailings updates page.

And they have to go straight home. No hotels for the night en route, even if pre-booked. Ed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gareth said:

Cap Finistere looks, from the tracker, to be sailing a good couple of hours behind schedule.  The passengers who boarded in Santander unaware that they will need to quarantine upon arrival look like they will be getting in nearer 10 or 11pm, rather than 8pm.

Nothing on BF’s sailings updates page.

'Cap Finistere' is due to dock at 01:00, departing again at 03:00.

Capture.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

'Cap Finistere' is due to dock at 01:00, departing again at 03:00.

Capture.JPG

Well let's hope for the passengers' sake that the rules change again at midnight in that case. Ed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/07/2020 at 16:13, Cabin-boy said:

It depends on the date. If it is the Friday before the Le Mans 24 hour race it might actually be correct. Ed. 

Yeah but the standard wouldn't be cheaper than the Flexi would it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like she’s on track to get to Roscoff on time this morning.  Must have got away from Portsmouth some time before 0300.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re meant to be sailing next week from Santander to UK (Our home)then back in September to Spain (Portugal ) my husband is in the High risk category, in view of the latest announcements would I be wise to delay? We do have a cabin with a balcony, not that the virus is commodore exempt!!🙈 What a dilemma 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lofty said:

We’re meant to be sailing next week from Santander to UK (Our home)then back in September to Spain (Portugal ) my husband is in the High risk category, in view of the latest announcements would I be wise to delay? We do have a cabin with a balcony, not that the virus is commodore exempt!!🙈 What a dilemma 

Totally your decision, however you should be safe enough on board ( I would not fly at present )  and things will keep changing in all Countries at the moment, It is likely that there will be more space with more cancellations from the Spanish going on UK holidays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, David Williams said:

Totally your decision, however you should be safe enough on board ( I would not fly at present )  and things will keep changing in all Countries at the moment, It is likely that there will be more space with more cancellations from the Spanish going on UK holidays.

Thank you, that is helpful 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We sailed last Wednesday from Santander to Plymouth, also in a Commodore cabin.  We felt very safe on board.  Staggered embarkation/disembarkation.  The cabin was very clean, but I took my own Dettol and wiped it down just in case.  The public areas were very quiet, so no problem with social distancing.  People were sitting down to eat right opposite where  the self service area was. We took our food up to the cafe at the front of the ship where it was very quiet.  We were disappointed that the Commodore lounge was closed.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Valerie Wilton said:

We sailed last Wednesday from Santander to Plymouth, also in a Commodore cabin.  We felt very safe on board.  Staggered embarkation/disembarkation.  The cabin was very clean, but I took my own Dettol and wiped it down just in case.  The public areas were very quiet, so no problem with social distancing.  People were sitting down to eat right opposite where  the self service area was. We took our food up to the cafe at the front of the ship where it was very quiet.  We were disappointed that the Commodore lounge was closed.  

Thank you, that is very encouraging 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seven came across from Roscoff on Armorique last night without paying the fare or doing proper social distancing. Both are wrong, so all seven of them were hoicked out of a truck at Millbay this morning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wortley said:

Seven came across from Roscoff on Armorique last night without paying the fare or doing proper social distancing. Both are wrong, so all seven of them were hoicked out of a truck at Millbay this morning. 

To be looked after over here, they should've been sent straight back.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly saddened to read the tone of the last couple of posts to be honest.

The story in question is being discussed elsewhere on the forums, but as has been said there, let's keep to the facts please.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously security at Roscoff ain't what it was. When we've come back from there we've seen them crawl all over the lorries, camper vans and caravans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The unofficial Caen timetable is annoying, I am going to Caen tomorrow on the 14:45, however I am 95% sure that it will be the 15:30, however I can't factor that into my lunch arrangements until I get the text.

For the last few weeks, the PIP departure board and the QHM movements has shown it as 15:30;  it is not helped that today and tomorrow the QHM timing is 16:30, however the PIP timing was 15:30 today.

We will see what tomorrow brings, however lunch wise, there is quite a difference between last checkin at 13:15 & 14:00 & I would like to get my cheap meal courtesy of the taxpayer.

Edited by David Williams
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I had the same problem the week before  last. I received a text the morning of the crossing to say that it had been put back to 3 30 but had to check in at original time. We asked at check in whether the 90 minutes was 90 mins before  2.45 or 3.30 but was told it was 90 minutes before 2.45. We then spent ages in the queue in  boiling heat and did not board till 3 so we were pretty fed up. The  cafe in the terminal was closed so we just had to stand by the car for a long time. Coming back on Wednesday though  on 2pm crosssing from Caen was great, I was late checking in about 1 and went straight on and she sailed at  1/4  to 2! On both crossings disembarkation was very fast and was on the road very quickly.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...