SAILING UPDATES: 2020 Latest News

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My son wanted to see the Pont Aven come in and we hung around for the Connemara too. The Pont Aven even gave a blast of the horn as he waved from the round tower. 

Can I just say that’s terrible news about your wife - I for one would like to pass on heartfelt thoughts to you both as I’m sure other Enthusiasts will as well.... Chris

When did they install that massive bird on the mast? Is that to scare the hell out of the seagulls and stop them from pooping on the poop deck?! 😉

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Andy said:

Don't worry, it'll all get much busier in March when they start electing the next group of village idiots. Sorry, I mean municipal counsellors - I always get those two mixed up,  especially in Normandy. Ed. 

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

I believe it's Etretat. Ed. 

Yes, it’s certainly one of the Vissentinis.  Three to choose from; not sure what the visual differences are between them in the appearance of the foredecks.

But I think you’re confusing the name of Normandy’s most notable costal landmark with everyone’s favourite French delicacy served a point with frites and sauce poivre! 🤣

36 minutes ago, jonno said:

It's Connemara, she's the only one of the Visentini's with the grate on the bow.

The Tat has a grate on the bow and the right colour.

Yeah they do, both of them have the platforms. They're clearer on Etretat when she's Norman Voyager and when Connemara is Baltic Amber. I think the only obvious difference is that Etretat doesn't have the vent covers. I noticed the bow railings when Connie was in ANEK colours and we first saw pictures of her, never noticed them on Etretat before... Nice one Ed.