SAILING UPDATES: 2020 Latest News

On 20/08/2020 at 08:51, hf_uk said:

Some weeks they have nothing but nonsense news about BF, others a series of well-prepared articles. I don't pay much attention to be honest...

Today Plymouth Live were showing "ghost ship" photos  on line

Obviously not the same Armorique that we were on Saturday 8th.!!  When we ventured from out of  cabin,. OK the shop and the Self Service were only open limited hours but there were plenty of people grabbing some rays on the outside decks, passengers were a having  socially distanced boisson in the bar and Potty the Pirate was entertaining the kids .Anything to get your name on a news artiicle.

Mind you it was quieter on the PA 09.45 departure last Sunday,. but then it was after the Sat 4.00am quarantine cut-off and we all had to get up at sparrow fart to get to the port by 8.15!.

The self-service was open for the whole trip.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My son wanted to see the Pont Aven come in and we hung around for the Connemara too. The Pont Aven even gave a blast of the horn as he waved from the round tower. 

Can I just say that’s terrible news about your wife - I for one would like to pass on heartfelt thoughts to you both as I’m sure other Enthusiasts will as well.... Chris

When did they install that massive bird on the mast? Is that to scare the hell out of the seagulls and stop them from pooping on the poop deck?! 😉

Posted Images

9 hours ago, colinschandler said:

Today Plymouth Live were showing "ghost ship" photos  on line

Obviously not the same Armorique that we were on Saturday 8th.!!  When we ventured from out of  cabin,. OK the shop and the Self Service were only open limited hours but there were plenty of people grabbing some rays on the outside decks, passengers were a having  socially distanced boisson in the bar and Potty the Pirate was entertaining the kids .Anything to get your name on a news artiicle.

Mind you it was quieter on the PA 09.45 departure last Sunday,. but then it was after the Sat 4.00am quarantine cut-off and we all had to get up at sparrow fart to get to the port by 8.15!.

The self-service was open for the whole trip.

Good to hear you finally made it across Colin to your lovely little house. Best wishes to Sheila and all the family, maybe we’ll catch up in Cherbourg one of these days, especially with the limited service from Plymouth this winter. And there’s always a warm bed and the odd glass of wine or three if you need shelter...😉

Chris

• Like 1

The BBC and other news outlets are reporting that France is planning to introduce reciprocal quarantine rules for UK arrivals in the next few days. I don't know what 'scientific excuse' they plan to give for what is clearly a 'diplomatic' decision. Ed. 

It's really depressing that we are at the mercy of ignorant politicians playing politics. Quite bad enough that the'experts' can't agree on the best methods for suppressing infections. I don't agree with the free for all being exercised by younger people which is  pretty obviously fuelling the infection rates but you can sort of see their point of view (when they have one) that nobody seems to really know what the hell is going on so why should we believe them?

We have been horribly let down by our so called 'leaders' really. Poor judgement coupled with ignorance and inability to comprehend the issues.

• Like 4

Well just got back on Bretagne. Just a word of warning, the stupid uk gov passenger locator form is not only a bit rubbish, but also the confirmation email you get shows that is has attached the form, but is occasionally not actually attaching it. So had an annoying visit to the shed to explain I had filled it in. So best to download the form, rather than rely on the email.

As a Uk civil servant, I am shocked that they would release into use such a bad form that has obviously not been properly reviewed before release. Where I work, everything is fully reviewed. 

6 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

The BBC and other news outlets are reporting that France is planning to introduce reciprocal quarantine rules for UK arrivals in the next few days. I don't know what 'scientific excuse' they plan to give for what is clearly a 'diplomatic' decision. Ed. 

Maybe the fact the UK has a higher Covid rate per 100k than France ?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1110187/coronavirus-incidence-europe-by-country/

5 minutes ago, David Williams said:

That’s meaningless for risk, the table shows the cumulative figure, not the present risk. the ones that matter are the 7 and 14 day cases per 100k.

Exactly. You can't take past results into account. It's what's happening on a specific date that matters. Ed. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Exactly. You can't take past results into account. It's what's happening on a specific date that matters. Ed. 

Those figures are even worse 42k new cases in France and 14k in the UK.

6 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

Those figures are even worse 42k new cases in France and 14k in the UK.

That was my point. What is the justification for France imposing quarantine on UK arrivals if the figure is three times lower? Ed. 

5 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

That was my point. What is the justification for France imposing quarantine on UK arrivals if the figure is three times lower? Ed. 

My mistake still I suppose French English relations aren’t great just now .

52 minutes ago, Lapper said:

This is the website that gives the current cases per 100k:

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

I use this site regularly, unfortunately the UK governments like to see the 7 day totals and I only see them on an adhoc basis in newspapers. The site shows 14 day totals.

The map of Europe is good, it shows that the South of England and Normandy are safe as a corridor !

1 hour ago, BigDW1946 said:

Not sure if this is correct forum but Kerry's sailings Roscoff - Rosslare have disappeared after 1 September. This was not mentioned in CEO's recent pronouncement. Any ideas?

'Kerry' was only chartered for 1 year, she's due to return to her owners in November but there is a chance Brittany Ferries are just adjusting the timetables and 'Kerry' may reappear when this is done.

She still shown on the Rosslare/Bilbao timetable until November when 'Etretat' takes over..

Edited by TonyMWeaver

The 

2 hours ago, BigDW1946 said:

Not sure if this is correct forum but Kerry's sailings Roscoff - Rosslare have disappeared after 1 September. This was not mentioned in CEO's recent pronouncement. Any ideas?

Because that will be the end of the Rosslare /Roscoff service , it becomes Rosslare / Cherbourg In March 2021 with Etretat  .