SAILING UPDATES: 2020 Latest News

25 minutes ago, hhvferry said:

You think, if there has been a change, that they should have got round all the thousands of passengers booked within 48 hours? Including you with a booking four months away?

Strikes me as somewhat unrealistic and rather unreasonable.

I think Nodwad was mainly concerned because he had a pet cabin booked, perhaps they should sort them out quicker with the limited number available.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My son wanted to see the Pont Aven come in and we hung around for the Connemara too. The Pont Aven even gave a blast of the horn as he waved from the round tower. 

Can I just say that’s terrible news about your wife - I for one would like to pass on heartfelt thoughts to you both as I’m sure other Enthusiasts will as well.... Chris

When did they install that massive bird on the mast? Is that to scare the hell out of the seagulls and stop them from pooping on the poop deck?! 😉

Posted Images

Portsmouth Harbour will be closed to all inbound and outbound vessels on Monday from 14:45 until 16:40 (Approximately) due to the departure of 'HMS Queen Elizabeth', it's unknown at this time if it will affect the departure of 'Mont St Michel' or whether Brittany Ferries will plan on moving her departure forward.

Edited by TonyMWeaver
13 hours ago, David Williams said:

I don’t think anything has changed with CF, it was always planned to be off for most of December and January, restarting at the end of January. 

David if this right why did they take our booking in July?not saying we should of been informed immediately but would it not been better to wait and sort alternatively crossings out before .release of the lay off of the cap?just one other point when was the lay off announced?many thanks  stay safe

6 minutes ago, nodwad said:

David if this right why did they take our booking in July?not saying we should of been informed immediately but would it not been better to wait and sort alternatively crossings out before .release of the lay off of the cap?just one other point when was the lay off announced?many thanks  stay safe

It is worth asking about a specific sailing on Twitter , the response will either be 'it is currently planned to sail' or ' the Team will be in contact with you soon'. In addition the cancelled sailings will move to 'Sailing full' before they actually get removed - that is also a clue.

However whilst the 2 month technical layover has been planned since the timetable was released, the recent press release says 3 months so maybe there will be more cancellations.

As to why everyone is not told at the same time - basically neither their IT systems or customer services can cope with it - because of this they contact in date order as these have to be the priority.

etretat has been replaced by connemara for july 2021...on rosslare /bilbao....i have a booking credit from this year and my ticket has just been updated to connemara..

1 hour ago, David Williams said:

As to why everyone is not told at the same time - basically neither their IT systems or customer services can cope with it - because of this they contact in date order as these have to be the priority.

Thats exactly the system being employed by the airlines such as Tui etc. They are having to cancel more services than BF so its strictly in date order. I`m sure they`ll get round to everyone in the fullness of time. As for the carriage of animals I`m sure they`ll do their best with whats available. 

I have just managed to get through by telephone and a very pleasant women has put my mind to rest.ie sombody has already said we should be transferred over to the Galicia.she told me no booking for Galicia are being taking at the moment until passengers from cf are transferred over to her .we will all be informed later because they have no definitive date when she comes into service but all been well it should be on December ,so our minds are rested.i would like to thank everybody for the  information about this.stay safe

• Like 2
6 hours ago, mr.t said:

etretat has been replaced by connemara for july 2021...on rosslare /bilbao....i have a booking credit from this year and my ticket has just been updated to connemara..

According to the latest timetable on Irish site Kerrys last sailing from Rosslare to Bilbao is on Friday 30th October with Connemara taking over the route. Her first sailing ex Rosslare is on Wednesday 10th November at 10.15

1 hour ago, ccs147 said:

According to the latest timetable on Irish site Kerrys last sailing from Rosslare to Bilbao is on Friday 30th October with Connemara taking over the route. Her first sailing ex Rosslare is on Wednesday 10th November at 10.15

It will be interesting what they have agreed with Stena, there are currently 3 leased ships and one foreign crew. I don't understand why they have stopped the Rosslaire Roscoff rotation unless they have agreed to extend the Kerry.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Khaines said:

In today’s Bournemouth Echo.  I presume the Echo left out the word “suspended” unless there has been a recent update..

That is just from the press release which says that it won’t resume in 2020, it is silent re 2021.

• Like 1

Normandie is now showing as sailing full from the start of Jan to 21 March, I imagine that will be freight only.

That means that we will have just 1 passenger ship to France for 5 months and pet cabins will only be available in December. BF are essentially giving up on passengers until Easter.

18 minutes ago, David Williams said:

That is just from the press release which says that it won’t resume in 2020, it is silent re 2021.

Echo’s way of not letting the facts get in the way of a good story.  Why cannot they get their facts right.

4 minutes ago, Khaines said:

Echo’s way of not letting the facts get in the way of a good story.  Why cannot they get their facts right.

Barfleur is showing full until 23 March, looks like current plan is to restart at Easter.

ps and the press release was vague re Barfleur

Edited by David Williams
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Tumnus2010 said:

What will PA be doing post October? Sorry if i've missed this in all these revisions...

She’s standing in on Galicia’s schedules until Galicia enters service.

• Thanks 1
Just now, Gareth said:

She’s standing in on Galicia’s schedules until Galicia enters service.

I guess that it depends on how demand holds up, the Spanish route could end up with one ship, ie  CF and then Galicia. BF did not say anything re PA.

1 hour ago, David Williams said:

Barfleur is showing full until 23 March, looks like current plan is to restart at Easter.

ps and the press release was vague re Barfleur

Ought to send her to Poole Bay to join the idling cruise ships..😉

Although she might look like the Shetland pony in a field of Clydesdales...😂

• Like 1
2 hours ago, David Williams said:

Normandie is now showing as sailing full from the start of Jan to 21 March, I imagine that will be freight only.

'Armorique' is freight only, 'Normandie' is sailing as normal.

49 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

'Armorique' is freight only, 'Normandie' is sailing as normal.

We shall see, as I said, if you look at January to the end of March all sailings for the Normandie are showing as sailing full, unless they have had a surge of bookings that either means that the sailings are cancelled or they will be freight only.

That together with Amorique being on the Caen crossing Nov - December in freight only mode means that we will have 5 months of a single passenger ship in my opinion.