Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Only slightly off topic !    There was limited TV on Bretagne Sunday with a message the TNT card had expired. Sky Tv would have been available though.

1447546809_TVCard.jpg.63e08c84f4ba46c0a161a83fa03545c4.jpg        1216794853_LaVitrine.jpg.4b0969764f531a884096e5aee8e73adf.jpg

Even further off topic.... the shop La Vitrine looked as though it had been paid a visit by the Gilets Jaune, no stock on any shelves and junk on the floor.

Obviously 55 days out of service in Gdansk and Le Havre wasn't long enough to restock it ?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nodwad said:

Just wondering has the cap got sky tv on board.?in the past it did not have it,yet on the point it did is there reason for this?

I believe most of the fleet have Sky TV, Brittany Ferries use Sky TV Ireland.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, BZH29 said:

Only slightly off topic !    There was limited TV on Bretagne Sunday with a message the TNT card had expired. Sky Tv would have been available though.

        

Even further off topic.... the shop La Vitrine looked as though it had been paid a visit by the Gilets Jaune, no stock on any shelves and junk on the floor.

Obviously 55 days out of service in Gdansk and Le Havre wasn't long enough to restock it ?  

My OH and I were on the Bretagne as well on Sunday night and also noticed the state of La Vitrine.  The shop that sells books, travel items, etc was also not open. More annoyingly for us though, the queue for the self service cafeteria was very long, and ditto the bar, and the coffee bar was closed. The coin operated drinks machines dotted about the ship were all hors de service, so there was nowhere to get a drink unless you were prepared for a very long wait. I appreciate some things take a while to get up and running after being out of service, but, on what was a very full ship, this was an extremely poor show, and highly unusual for BF.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thought I would ask,most of my ferry crossing are the Spanish routes and I have noticed this,as I said before sky tv no bother on the pont but never ever seen it on the cap.just hoping it has been installed on this ferry.tony said it is on most bf ferries so it sames a bit strange it is not the cap for the long Spanish crossings.many thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

RE: Bretagne.  Is it possible they were just waiting to transfer stock and staff from Pont Aven? All the winter stock will be on her and when she comes back it will be springtime? Could be they didn't want to replenish potentially short season items unnecessarily. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tumnus2010 said:

RE: Bretagne.  Is it possible they were just waiting to transfer stock and staff from Pont Aven? All the winter stock will be on her and when she comes back it will be springtime? Could be they didn't want to replenish potentially short season items unnecessarily. 

Just a point I thought this thread was about sky tv?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nodwad said:

Just a point I thought this thread was about sky tv?

Come on Nodwad, you know no threads stay on topic for very long.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well ,what have I done wrong? I have seen this many times that people have been told to stay on subject or open a a new one regarding what they are posting about.did not mean to stand on any bodies toes at all ,

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, nodwad said:

Just thought I would ask,most of my ferry crossing are the Spanish routes and I have noticed this,as I said before sky tv no bother on the pont but never ever seen it on the cap.just hoping it has been installed on this ferry.tony said it is on most bf ferries so it sames a bit strange it is not the cap for the long Spanish crossings.many thanks

If you have Sky at home why not opt for the premium broadband and use the Sky Go app on your laptop, works for me all over Europe as it's no longer restricted for private use since they launched the new satellites. Using my own gear I've been known to sit in the lounge aboard Bretagne on a Monday evening watching the footie with the volume down.

I've watched the footie in the commodore lounge prior to a Sunday afternoon sailing to Spain but that disappeared an hour or so after departure. Sky News maybe in a cabin with a TV?

Thing is though, I think you'll find that many travellers aren't that bothered what's on the TV when onboard so whether sky is available or not goes largely unnoticed as it's not high on their list of priorities. In any case I've never known any of the ships to have anything but the odd channel and no country within Europe has the same type of packages anyway, the U.K is different to France which again is different to Spain and I doubt BF would pay three times for what is a very expensive service when broadcast publicly... pubs here in the U.K pay around £1,200 inc VAT a month for a single terrestrial receiver, the ships use direct comms via a rented bandwidth which costs a hell of a lot more.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sky's available on the tvs in the midships bar/cafe area and the deluxe cabins. It's also (I think) on the tvs in the 8 deck level of the Planets bar. I'm on her again on Sunday, so I can check that. I seem to recall that most of the time the latter tv shows the safety video on a loop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, TerryDorset said:

Sky's available on the tvs in the midships bar/cafe area and the deluxe cabins. It's also (I think) on the tvs in the 8 deck level of the Planets bar. I'm on her again on Sunday, so I can check that. I seem to recall that most of the time the latter tv shows the safety video on a loop.

Thx tony that was only what I was asking about,the last time I was on the cap was 9 months ago and it did not have sky and on my many crossing before the same.iam on the cap for the the two nighters on the 12 Jan .jonno said with sky go you can watch it on phone/ pc which I did not know ,so thanks to him also.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...