martijon

Wightlink refit timetable

They don't have that many ships to manage now do they? You may have a point with recent events though. The crew difference between Vow and the others must be quite different especially WL and Vow. Status shows 1000 Portsmouth as on time. If it's WL she is still at Fishbourne 0940. So if not St Faith coming in to take over then they are avoiding updating it. The freight companies must be getting fed up as drivers wasting time hanging around st terminals instead of driving. Risks not getting all their schedule of deliveries done.

4 hours ago, Lorax said:

'out' as in on the water, or 'out' as in not working again?

Out of service and in the water don’t know why ..

15 minutes ago, eagleeye said:

Out of service and in the water don’t know why ..

its about now ish they announce her as sold to Delcomar......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I imagine the Faith had issues this morning - she seemed to be OK yesterday though.  Perhaps when they tried to bring her on at 0600 there was a problem so they did a quick swap onto the Light but then left 30 minutes late and because of the Light's slower speed, she has just got more and more behind.  I don't think the 1000 operated a,d now they are advertising a 1630 with the 1600 and 1800 cancelled.  Not sure it's a ship-manning issue, as if they had a crew, then they would have used the Faith, bearing in mind the Light is supposed to be off all week for engine replacement.

Whatever the situation, it doesn't endear WL to the public much.

• Like 1

Thanks Martijon

You are very right - it does not.

As we frequently cross the Solent with a disabled traveller, we rely on the lift being available.  It is hard to comprehend how the vessel can be out of service for weeks on end and yet still return with a broken lift.  I can only conclude that its repair, and thus accessibility issues, are not important, so long as they stay within the law - just... 

Fairy back on run but they are staying with the poor temporary timetable. Full load ready at 0745 but not loading until 0815 then over Fishbourne the Faith will move out the way for VOW. Why not go back to hourly as 0900 then 1100 otherwise today.

Heard Clare will have to run on 3 engines. Not sure but Faith deck may not be usable at present not Wight lights.

I would have thought 1 crew finishing and another starting so could deal with vessels separately.

Off topic all of Hovertravel, SWR and Wightlink advertise offers on the radio at a time all are not having the best of time so you would think a bit of a waste of advertising. Hovertravel suspended 're weather, SWR had all the cancellation due to derailment and Wightlink weather and other issues.

Takes more than an hour to get Clare ready to go ..so probably no one wants to extend an already long shift and I doubt any firm will,pay overtime if not needed..

11 hours ago, eagleeye said:

Takes more than an hour to get Clare ready to go ..so probably no one wants to extend an already long shift and I doubt any firm will,pay overtime if not needed..

Things have changed then, never took more than an hour to get the Clare ready, 30mins max and that’s including the engineers going on 15 mins before the rest of the crew.

• Like 1

Takes 20 mins each day to check a lorry over to make it safe to drive and fill the paperwork in so I hope they spend an hour on a big boat .if not might explain all the cancellations.if it doesn’t take that long why didn’t they do what addicat said and maintain timetable 

Edited by eagleeye

On 19/02/2020 at 21:23, eagleeye said:

Takes 20 mins each day to check a lorry over to make it safe to drive and fill the paperwork in so I hope they spend an hour on a big boat .if not might explain all the cancellations.if it doesn’t take that long why didn’t they do what addicat said and maintain timetable 

It’s not just “checking a big boat”, there are a lot of other factors involved as to why there are cancellations. Besides that’s one person checking a truck, there are a lot more crew to check the ferry before starting service.  Do you think that the crew short cut the checks just to try and get the ferry into service and then because of that it cause a brake down ?.

Too many staff cuts over the years does not help companies. Train companies are being slated as to why they have failed disabled passengers when they had 10 years notice that rules changing yet trains not complying still running.  Basically not enough staff to carry out requirements. Seems to be getting worse. When will companies learn. Never I expect.

1 hour ago, adicat said:

Too many staff cuts over the years does not help companies. Train companies are being slated as to why they have failed disabled passengers when they had 10 years notice that rules changing yet trains not complying still running.  Basically not enough staff to carry out requirements. Seems to be getting worse. When will companies learn. Never I expect.

You are so negative! Relax and live a little. Times have changed!