Huîtres to be avoided.

I've had three people in the last 5 days cancel lessons with me due to this problem. Unusually the infection seems to be confined to the adult population for now whereas it generally starts in the kids who then pass it on to their parents.  Ed. 

• Like 1

We quite regularly get freezes on oysters, scallops and others as infections of one sort or another affect certain zones of production. On the Rance, above the barrage, we get them several times a year. This wider area of oyster restriction is unusual, so let us hope it clears up and gets lifted quickly. A lot of livelihoods depend on production in areas like the bay of Mont St Michel, although, post festive period, demand falls pretty sharply.

• Like 1

Well, the bulot is regarded as the local currency in Granville....

This particular ban covers two distinct zones near Hirel, and does not affect Cancale for example. It looks like heavy rainfall in the latter part of the year overcame some waste treatment plants just inland, allowing yuck to soak away and eventually reach the sea. Norovirus was identified and was able to be traced to these specific zones.

2 hours ago, colin said:

Well, the bulot is regarded as the local currency in Granville....

This particular ban covers two distinct zones near Hirel, and does not affect Cancale for example. It looks like heavy rainfall in the latter part of the year overcame some waste treatment plants just inland, allowing yuck to soak away and eventually reach the sea. Norovirus was identified and was able to be traced to these specific zones.

I will stick to the Loch Fyne ones for a while then .

• Like 1