Sign in to follow this  
shar^k

Golf in Brittany

13 minutes ago, shar^k said:

Planning a golf trip in June. Any golfers have any recommendations for courses in northern Brittany. 

Have a look a BF's golfing brochure, my brother in law recommends it and his society have used them a few times... For me, it's called golf as every other four letter word was already in use! 

3 hours ago, shar^k said:

Planning a golf trip in June. Any golfers have any recommendations for courses in northern Brittany. 

Golf de Pléneuf Val André on the North Coast is a must for its stunning views. Neighbouring clubs in Sables d'or and les Ajoncs d'or are worth a try. 

51 minutes ago, crechbleiz said:

Golf de Pléneuf Val André on the North Coast is a must for its stunning views. Neighbouring clubs in Sables d'or and les Ajoncs d'or are worth a try. 

I have this on on the list. Also golf des ormes. Just need one more

40 minutes ago, shar^k said:

I have this on on the list. Also golf des ormes. Just need one more

Then I would recommend Golf de St Samson near Perros Guirec. Never played there but the surrounding area, the Pink Granite Coast, is a must see in Côtes d'Armor. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=golf+st+samson+pleumeur+bodou&client=ms-android-vf-gb-revc&prmd=mniv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi17qDI3_nmAhUIUcAKHSkXD-MQ_AUoA3oECBAQAw#imgrc=eGeG_2V5BE-erM

Much further afield, there a few nice ones around Nantes. When I studied at the École Polytechnique Nantes we taught golf and we went to Nantes Erdre and L'île d'Or in La Varenne. The latter is on an Island in the Loire River. Pretty amazing place 

• Like 1

Dinard is an interesting course - very difficult if the wind is blowing. Saint-Malo Golf at Le Tronchet is good too. A little further east in Normandy is Granville - a true links course with spectacular views of the Channel Islands as long as the weather is good.

Stay away from Des Ormes, you lot keep coming over and take my favourite tee time.🙄😂

Bob “The Bunker”

12 hours ago, BobtheBunker said:

Dinard is an interesting course - very difficult if the wind is blowing. Saint-Malo Golf at Le Tronchet is good too. A little further east in Normandy is Granville - a true links course with spectacular views of the Channel Islands as long as the weather is good.

Stay away from Des Ormes, you lot keep coming over and take my favourite tee time.🙄😂

Bob “The Bunker”

Stayed in Des Ormes last year with my wife so never made it onto the golf course. Is it any good?

17 hours ago, shar^k said:

Stayed in Des Ormes last year with my wife so never made it onto the golf course. Is it any good?

Yes, but Saint-Malo Golf is possibly a bit better, both worth playing though.

Both are in the Brittany Ferries brochure.

We have settled on the following three,

1. Domaine des Ormes

2. St Malo 

3. Pléneuf Val André

Heading over in May with two friends (also heading to des Ormes for Easter with the family so might sneak a game!) so looking forward to it. 

22 hours ago, shar^k said:

We have settled on the following three,

1. Domaine des Ormes

2. St Malo 

3. Pléneuf Val André

Heading over in May with two friends (also heading to des Ormes for Easter with the family so might sneak a game!) so looking forward to it. 

Let me guess, tee-time at 11 o’clock on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday😠 

No, enjoy the course, if it wasn't for the tourists I doubt it could stay in business.

btw, the number of Brittany Ferry golf groups has seen a substantial increase in the last couple of days. I was talking to the Director of Golf and he was getting worried at the lack of bookings for this year - normally have loads by now. He was asking if I thought the “B” word might be putting people off. Personally, I don't think so, but it could be the fall in the exchange rate.

Look out for me - I’ll be in one of the bunkers.

Bob.

PS, I believe you will need your handicap certificate for Val André.

Your in luck, we are playing Des Ormes on the Sunday we arrive, we were going to play St Malo on the Monday but that’s proving a bit pricy! So we are looking at maybe playing the Links course in Granville on the Monday. And we are booked to play Val André on the Tuesday morning on the way back to Roscoff. 

Interesting that Val André require a handicap certificate, not an issue as all three of us have one, but have never come across that before. 

One thing I’ve learned in planning this trip is that green-fees in France are not cheap! Even very average courses are pricy. 

On 13/01/2020 at 16:57, BobtheBunker said:

Let me guess, tee-time at 11 o’clock on a Monday, Wednesday or Friday😠 

No, enjoy the course, if it wasn't for the tourists I doubt it could stay in business.

btw, the number of Brittany Ferry golf groups has seen a substantial increase in the last couple of days. I was talking to the Director of Golf and he was getting worried at the lack of bookings for this year - normally have loads by now. He was asking if I thought the “B” word might be putting people off. Personally, I don't think so, but it could be the fall in the exchange rate.

Look out for me - I’ll be in one of the bunkers.

Bob.

PS, I believe you will need your handicap certificate for Val André.

@BobtheBunker have you played the links in Granville. Is it worth 75€