vitor

"BRETAGNE" looking perfect

2 hours ago, Paully said:

oops..the rust has appeared a bit early...wonder what sort of paint they used in Gdansk?

If you could find out? - would be happy to trial it on turning my hair back to its 'original' natural colour 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 09/02/2020 at 17:51, Gareth said:

I saw the email and thought they were pictures of the balsa wood model set in “water”!  But you’re right, they do look real.  It looks very strange - she’s in the middle of the sea but making no way and generating no wash!  Are the engines actually running?  You’d think she must be at anchor, yet the image where you can see the starboard bow has nothing to indicate an anchor chain.  She’s not flying an “at anchor” day mark.  Can I just make out a possible anchor chain coming from the port bow in the second photograph?  This is presumably the day when her St Malo rotation was cancelled due to last-minute strike action.

Port anchor down and anchor ball up, its right on the very tip of the bow on the short jack stay 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, captjack said:

Port anchor down and anchor ball up, its right on the very tip of the bow on the short jack stay 

Well said captjack. That sounds like the answer rust from the anchor from being deployed. As you say the bow area where the ropes etc are this is where water drains away from these scuttles where the rust streaks are coming out of, it will wash off in a short time but surely they could of got on the key side and washed and brushed it off as she looks stunning at the moment. 

25 minutes ago, captjack said:

Yes, ok, agreed.  I wasn’t sure (from most of the pictures) whether that was the Breton flag, but I agree, it is clear in the view from the starboard side that it is the anchor ball.  Good spot.

They should have put a few towels over the edge to protect from the rust. Don't they know how much that paint costs!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jonno said:

Maybe the new BF livery should have been an orange hull, it was successful in the past?

Sacrilege! đŸ€ŁÂ 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hf_uk said:

They should have put a few towels over the edge to protect from the rust. Don't they know how much that paint costs!

That’s the problem painting in the winter, not the best time with low temperatures 

On 12/02/2020 at 10:11, jonno said:

Maybe the new BF livery should have been an orange hull, it was successful in the past?

And they could refit Bretagne's interior with a nice minimalist Scandinavian feel.  Maybe jumboize her too, while they are at it so she can fulfil her potential.

On 07/02/2020 at 14:11, VikingVoyager said:

The new livery suits her, it takes away some of her dumpiness

Still never sure what all the fuss is about this boat

SHIP!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1