Just shows you need Faith to visit the Island these days...

Of the others: Too much wind for Clare to berth safely, too much risk of a breakdown out in the middle by VoW - what would they do? - and Wight Light probably has insufficient power to cope plus reliability issues.

• Like 1

This is a question I've thought about before, when they got rid of Cecilia - what are Wightlink going to do as and when they decide to sell Faith? I've not yet been on the VoW on a windy day to see how she copes, I would hope better than the Clare or W-Class but I still wonder if the island could get cut off on a day like this.

Are the Raptors still running today?

Indeed, well done them. Whatever their other faults, the Wight Ryders are well-designed for their route and have only rarely been cancelled for bad weather.

The fact that they’ve been able to continue while the car ferries haven’t suggests that on this occasion the determining factor has been wind speed rather than sea state.

From the BBC news website. 

"P&O ferry docks after eight-hour delay

P&O's North Sea ferry, the Pride of Hull, has just docked in Hull from Rotterdam after an eight-hour delay.

The ferry had to abandon an earlier attempt to dock and return to the North Sea to wait for conditions to improve.

All P&O services between Dover and Calais remain suspended."

Ed

Red osprey and st faith are running lol and of course the indestructible Wight Ryder 2 .dont know why red eagle isn’t running as she has had refit and a new voith in but the osprey and her toilet issues and overdue drydock is running ....

Just goes to show that an updated version of the Saints would have been the best wat forward in the intersets of a reliable service.

But passenger interests seem to come well down the priority list.