Condor Liberation - Portsmouth

'Condor Liberation' will be visiting Portsmouth this Tuesday (February 18th), coming from Poole. She will be docking on Berth 5 - Arrival 14:00 (Approx) Pilot Pick-Up at St Helens Pilot Station at 13:00. Departure at 05:50 on Wednesday morning. It's believed to be part of Condor Ferries Contingency Planning.

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Like 3
Just now, TonyMWeaver said:

I'll send you a screenshot @Gareth, not going to name names though.

I don’t doubt you at all Tony - the “laugh” was at Condor, not you.  Whatever they say as the reason, it just seems so transparent, in that she has had spurious unscheduled calls at both Portsmouth and Cherbourg in very quick succession for what seems like quite far-fetched official reasons.  Then again, I’m seeing it through the eyes of my own prediction from last year, so my perspective is slanted and I’m quite prepared to eat humble pie if it turns out I’m wrong! 😉

12 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

She has called at Cherbourg at least once as a weather-related diversion in the last month so that berthing trial made sense. Ed

No it didn’t.  They were not last-minute diversions that were a response to actual bad weather.  They were pre-planned visits well in advance of any forecast, with possible bad weather given as the reason for the “precaution”.

29 minutes ago, Gareth said:

No it didn’t.  They were not last-minute diversions that were a response to actual bad weather.  They were pre-planned visits well in advance of any forecast, with possible bad weather given as the reason for the “precaution”.

It was when she was replacing Rapide and the following day's crossing was already cancelled due to the weather. Ed.