Corona virus

Message added by Jim,

Please remember - this thread can get a bit heated at times... try to keep politics out of it, and be respectful to the views of others.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We've a young crowd in here today!

It will be pasta and rice next, how have they got through the stockpiles from March?

Thanks everyone! 5 hours in theatre, all done. They misrouted the catheter and can't get a new one in. Pray I manage to pee before 10pm or the stick a pronged tube through my stomach.

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, colin said:

Parc Asterix is the dog's bo**ocks.

If I recall about 20 years ago this was a brand of wine marketed by one of the Calais warehouses for the English booze cruisers. You brought the name not the quality of the wine. Good marketing?

45 minutes ago, IanN said:

Any Scottish blood in there ? 

How dare you! 😉

Probably, yes. We are officially part of the Macpherson clan when it comes to tartan design so there must be some distant relatives who used to wander around without any underwear on. Luckily subsequent generations have diluted that preference. 

Ed

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

How dare you! 😉

Probably, yes. We are officially part of the Macpherson clan when it comes to tartan design so there must be some distant relatives who used to wander around without any underwear on. Luckily subsequent generations have diluted that preference. 

Ed

MacPherson Tartan Kilt For Men | Men's MacPherson Tartan Kilt For Sale (eurokilt.com)

En promo!!!

12 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

How dare you! 😉

Ed

Just to be clear to any Scots on this site my father's name is Donald, uncles name is Angus, aunties names are Maida and Sheena so you can work out my heritage. I am not a Sassenach having a go at The Scot's

2 hours ago, IanN said:

Just to be clear to any Scots on this site my father's name is Donald, uncles name is Angus, aunties names are Maida and Sheena so you can work out my heritage. I am not a Sassenach having a go at The Scot's

Careful now .... Another Donald claims Scots heritage, and he gets greeted with baby balloons.

• Like 1
On 29/11/2020 at 10:00, Cabin-boy said:

Why are governments still putting the blame for infections on the 90+% of the population who are virus-free and making an effort to remain so rather than the other group who are willfully spreading it around their family and friends?

Presumably, because there isn't anything like 10% of the population that are "willfully spreading it"

On 29/11/2020 at 10:23, cvabishop said:

In short a major climbdown due to pressure from Tory MPs who clearly don't feel that HMG has a grip on things and Mr Gove now has egg all over his face.

Losing track of Govt U Turns - there have been so many. 

As for Gove, I once had some respect but he's lied so many times that I would automatically ignore anything he has to say

2 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

I didn't say the total was 10% but it will be a small number. 

I'll chuck these 30 into the pot to get us going.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-55133313

Ed

Terrible behaviour. I hope the government aren't condoning it.

It was when you suggested that there were two groups - the 90% and the other group - that led me to think that you were suggesting that the behaviour of those who had caught Covid should be be the target of the government.

Having told the French public that they can go to ski resorts over the Christmas period but not actually ski, the president had now said they they will be introducing dissausive measures to stop people crossing over into Switzerland and skiing there.

These dissausive measures will be announced in the next few days. Once they've dreamt them up presumably but I imagine psychotic killer marmots are currently undergoing training with the French police in preparation for active service. 

https://www.bfmtv.com/politique/noel-macron-envisage-des-mesures-restrictives-et-dissuasives-pour-les-francais-voulant-skier-a-l-etranger_AD-202012010257.html

Ed

16 hours ago, Rattler43 said:

Probably because £100 fine would mean nothing to her. Until all fines are based on a percentage of income then there will always be people who are effected by fines and others that are not.

Well she should pay the fines of all her guests then, it was her birthday bash after all, £3000 might hit the point.

• Like 1