Jump to content
KenTownley

Corona virus

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Paully said:

Frightening in these apocaleptic times when you fear that `Sole, Fasnet and Lundy` have been taken from us as well 🤣

Doesn’t seem quite right in that order, does it?! 🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neil’s photo reminded me of my own mother, also a Margaret and 88 years young, lives on her own in a retirement flat near Bristol. She hasn’t seen anyone for over a week now so really important point - I ring her twice a day religiously which seems the right thing to do because we’re in different countries. But you all should be doing the same to yours even if they live just down the road. It’s not easy for anyone being alone but for old people, losing their memory and in the last years of their lives it’s all very confusing. Do spare a thought for anyone old and alone you know and give them a call today, it will mean the world to them...

Chris

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Neil’s photo reminded me of my own mother, also a Margaret and 88 years young, lives on her own in a retirement flat near Bristol. She hasn’t seen anyone for over a week now so really important point - I ring her twice a day religiously which seems the right thing to do because we’re in different countries. But you all should be doing the same to yours even if they live just down the road. It’s not easy for anyone being alone but for old people, losing their memory and in the last years of their lives it’s all very confusing. Do spare a thought for anyone old and alone you know and give them a call today, it will mean the world to them...

Chris

A lovely and timely thought to all of us Chris..Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Doesn’t seem quite right in that order, does it?! 🤣

My thoughts as well Gareth, Sole Lundy Fasnet.  It helps some times to have these minor things to think about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Solo said:

My thoughts as well Gareth, Sole Lundy Fasnet.  It helps some times to have these minor things to think about.

Give us a break guys I`ve got cabin fever...not sure if it isnt terminal but its certainly advanced 🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paully said:

Sole, Fasnet and Lundy` have been taken from us as well 

Who took them .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paully said:

Give us a break guys I`ve got cabin fever...not sure if it isnt terminal but its certainly advanced 🤣🤣

Hey chill Paul.  At least we didn’t pull you up on the spelling of Fastnet! 🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Hey chill Paul.  At least we didn’t pull you up on the spelling of Fastnet! 🤣

For which I am eternally grateful...Just waiting for the Fraulein to leave my food on the table in front of the computer............whilst I`m watching Netflix....yes deffo cabin fever 🤣

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started re-watching 'all the stations' on YouTube last night. There are around 60 episodes I believe and I've already got to number 6 so may have to ration myself. But when I've finished I can continue with their Ireland and Isle of Man visits too. Highly recommended!  I'm making a list of places that might be worth a visit in the future once things calm down. If anyone can suggest any other documentary-style programmes on YouTube please let me know. Ed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day three... Temp is up a bit and sweating a lot under a 4.5 tog duvet. Fuzzy head like I've had too many painkillers & cough with a really sore throat, shaky and aching a lot, legs feel heavy although feel fine until I begin moving around and get light headed. Don't feel ill as such when sitting on the couch just a bit detached & different?

For me it started Saturday but most of this kicked in yesterday, the missus took herself out of work on Friday due to having a persistent cough and no voice.

Wife is the same, cough, bit sweaty,fuzzy head etc. No official word on what IT is as no chance of being tested and she has been exposed to all kinds of coronavirus, 229E, HKU1, NL63 & OC43 all in the past week or so. She also has Asthma so keeping a wary eye out.

All I'm taking is lemsip for the paracetamol, 1000mg of vit C and a bit of vaporub... lots of porridge, soup, water.

Anyone else out there?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, had symptoms since last Monday. It’s very difficult to describe as non of the symptoms are very pronounced but it’s safe to say I feel like @@@@@.

The other thing that’s strange about this illness is on 3 separate days I’ve thought I’ve been getting better only to feel worse the day after. At the moment there doesn’t seem to be any end to it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Take care all of you and I hope it passes very soon..Do keep us informed how things are going..with every best wish to all who have any symptons and to those, so far, who have non..

Edited by Paully
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

I started re-watching 'all the stations' on YouTube last night. There are around 60 episodes I believe and I've already got to number 6 so may have to ration myself. But when I've finished I can continue with their Ireland and Isle of Man visits too. Highly recommended!  I'm making a list of places that might be worth a visit in the future once things calm down. If anyone can suggest any other documentary-style programmes on YouTube please let me know. Ed. 

 

@Cabin-boy,  If you liked "All the Stations", this makes for some interesting watching. Behind the scenes on the Trans-Siberian Express from Vladivostok to Moscow.  Portrays a microcosm of Russian culture too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTE04hyCRBw

 

Get well soon @jonno and @nick hall!

 

Edited by zuludelta
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nick hall said:

Yep, had symptoms since last Monday. It’s very difficult to describe as non of the symptoms are very pronounced but it’s safe to say I feel like @@@@@.

The other thing that’s strange about this illness is on 3 separate days I’ve thought I’ve been getting better only to feel worse the day after. At the moment there doesn’t seem to be any end to it.

Take care mate - hope all resolves quickly and soon.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nick hall said:

Yep, had symptoms since last Monday. It’s very difficult to describe as non of the symptoms are very pronounced but it’s safe to say I feel like @@@@@.

The other thing that’s strange about this illness is on 3 separate days I’ve thought I’ve been getting better only to feel worse the day after. At the moment there doesn’t seem to be any end to it.

Are you able to get tested to show if it is Cov19? If not can you get the one to show you have had Cov19 or are asymptomatic? Useful for you and those thou are close to!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JohnMustow said:

Are you able to get tested to show if it is Cov19? If not can you get the one to show you have had Cov19 or are asymptomatic? Useful for you and those thou are close to!

Three out of four in the house have had it and it would be useful to get tested but until the capacity is there i suppose the tests must go to NHS staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My understanding is that an antibodies test (to test whether you’ve had it and are therefore now immune) doesn’t quite exist yet but is well on the way to being developed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Other than Germany and South Korea who appear to have planned well, or been lucky in timing, hardly any other country was equipped to do widespread testing when the virus struck. Playing catch up since, so in France we are about to see a huge increase, and UK will follow as soon as supplies allow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

I started re-watching 'all the stations' on YouTube last night. There are around 60 episodes I believe and I've already got to number 6 so may have to ration myself. But when I've finished I can continue with their Ireland and Isle of Man visits too. Highly recommended!  I'm making a list of places that might be worth a visit in the future once things calm down. If anyone can suggest any other documentary-style programmes on YouTube please let me know. Ed. 

Fun fact - I actually appear on one of Geoff's videos when he did the least used stations. Well, when I say appear, I mean I drive through at around 85mph! 😂

One other YouTube channel I do recommend is 'HonestGuide'. It's 2 (english-speaking) Czech guys who live in Prague, and many of the videos are Prague-themed, with the mantra of talking about the sites and places the guide books don't and offering 'insider' tips. However, they are also on a mission to clear Prague of tourist traps, and so their ongoing war against dodgy exchange shops is particularly amusing. Most recently they travelled out to Slovakia to find out the true owners of them in some rather interesting detective work. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nick hall said:

Three out of four in the house have had it and it would be useful to get tested but until the capacity is there i suppose the tests must go to NHS staff.

They've not offered my wife one, the pragmatic approach of infection being an occupational hazard seems to be the attitude for now... and she is one of only two running all the Covid patients and respiratory medicine.

The usual one she brings home and gives to me is Norovirus, has done for years now... she can't catch it as she's blood group B. The last nasty was chicken pox which I didn't catch until I was 48, so far that feels worse than this. I was totally wiped out by it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot to say earlier, wishing speedy recovery to those forum members and/or relatives currently affected by COVID-19. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonno said:

They've not offered my wife one, the pragmatic approach of infection being an occupational hazard seems to be the attitude for now... and she is one of only two running all the Covid patients and respiratory medicine.

The usual one she brings home and gives to me is Norovirus, has done for years now... she can't catch it as she's blood group B. The last nasty was chicken pox which I didn't catch until I was 48, so far that feels worse than this. I was totally wiped out by it. 

Wishing both her and you well Jonno.  Take care.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose the irony of this is that both @nick hall his family and I will all hopefully come through this in a week or so but there's nothing to show for it, nothing to assist the local police officers in identifying those now deemed immune so can in someways help those around us in the more high risk group. We'd be in the group able to safely volunteer in helping those who have the virus get the supplies they need.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AdamW said:

Fun fact - I actually appear on one of Geoff's videos when he did the least used stations. Well, when I say appear, I mean I drive through at around 85mph! 😂

One other YouTube channel I do recommend is 'HonestGuide'. It's 2 (english-speaking) Czech guys who live in Prague, and many of the videos are Prague-themed, with the mantra of talking about the sites and places the guide books don't and offering 'insider' tips. However, they are also on a mission to clear Prague of tourist traps, and so their ongoing war against dodgy exchange shops is particularly amusing. Most recently they travelled out to Slovakia to find out the true owners of them in some rather interesting detective work. 

Our younger son lives and works in Czech.   Much further south than Prague, nearer to the border with Slovakia.

Serious lock-down there and has been so for a while.  Borders absolutely shut.   Face masks for everybody when out.   Seems (touch wood) to be working though - relatively low infection rate & mortality.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gardian said:

Our younger son lives and works in Czech.   Much further south than Prague, nearer to the border with Slovakia.

Serious lock-down there and has been so for a while.  Borders absolutely shut.   Face masks for everybody when out.   Seems (touch wood) to be working though - relatively low infection rate & mortality.

 

Actually now you come to mention it, haven't heard a great deal from the Czech Republic on the issue, which is obviously a good indicator!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...