KenTownley

Corona virus

1 hour ago, hf_uk said:

Now that a lot of cruise ships have a rare break off-schedule at the moment... do you think companies will be utilising that time to do any outstanding maintenance/refurb work? Seems an ideal time to do it, but I guess as with everything, logistically hampered....

Maintenance work doesn’t end well if you are a cruise ship who found herself in a squabble with a Venezuelan Navy patrol boat.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/03/americas/venezuela-navy-cruise-liner-incident-intl/index.html

• Haha 2

I love the bit about 'carrying mercenaries'. Presumably armed to the dentures with zimmer-frames and walking sticks. And led by Sergeant Jones (they don't like it up em!). Ed. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

The saddest Tweet you will ever see about Covid 19 #StayHome 

I never thought I'd see burials that nobody could attend here in the UK during my lifetime... if nothing else, I can't think of a starker or harder-hitting reminder that this virus does not discriminate and isn't 'just the flu' (as was common thinking 4-6 weeks or so ago) and it - and the procedures put in place to reduce its spread - must be respected. 

• Like 5

Social distancing.

I live down a country lane on the edge of a National Park. The sun is shinning.  I'm working in my garage looking out to the lane. I've never seen so many people walking up the lane. 20 couples in one hour! Well spaced out. A few cars.

Its like a door has been opened. I recognised a few from the village but most I have never seen before.

Boy, I was tempted to shout-"go home" 

Stu