KenTownley

Corona virus

The latest from the French government is that if indeed the UK apply quarantine to all arrivals from France, they are ready to apply a reciprocal measure.

• Sad 1

On the "shortages" issue I see that Yeast can be purchased from Amazon although rather expensive

4 minutes ago, Manxscorpio said:

On the "shortages" issue I see that Yeast can be purchased from Amazon although rather expensive

I had a look expensive and some long delivery times as well July in some cases.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

No such problem getting yeast here in Ireland as far as I can see , in fact I purchased a Tesco brand dried yeast just last week which was manufactured in the UK  and there was plenty of it on the shelf along with all the various types of flour .Maybe I should start a mail order business selling it back into the UK .

Edited by Chef
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

I buy a lot of things from Amazon and I have found the advance guidance dates they show are normally wrong - My hair clippers arrived last week but had a delivery date of mid July 

10 minutes ago, Chef said:

No such problem getting yeast here in Ireland as far as I can see , in fact I purchased a Tesco brand dried yeast just last week which was manufactured in the UK  and there was plenty of it on the shelf along with all the various types of flour .Maybe I should start a mail order business selling it back into the UK .

It would definitely sell get some on eBay .

As I was disappointed not to be on my ferry to Jersey this morning we decided to have a day out at the beach and are now crossing the Loire on this for free. Can't complain. Ed. 

DSC_0314.JPG

• Like 4

And so on to the beach at Bernerie-en-Retz which is considerably quieter than I expected. It's a bit nippy in the wind and I suspect the RIB trip from Jersey would have been cancelled again if its the same up in the channel. Ed. 

DSC_0316.JPG

There were a couple of gendarmes with pooches wandering around but they didn't seem inclined do actually do any 'telling off' or anything that would involve either paperwork or their brains. Ed. 

DSC_0322.JPG

• Haha 2

Looking forward to seeing my parents on Saturday first time in 12 weeks a 40 mile journey and sitting in the garden but still worth it , will also have to take a jam jar for a pee as we aren’t allowed to enter their house although I’m not sure if that includes the toilet in the horse barn.

Back home via a different ferry route about half a mile upstream from this morning's one. Ed.

DSC_0324.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

DSC_0317.JPG

Been trying to work out meaning of symbol third column, second down - man playing keyboard?  Seems you can do whatever after 9pm!

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

Looking forward to seeing my parents on Saturday first time in 12 weeks a 40 mile journey and sitting in the garden but still worth it , will also have to take a jam jar for a pee as we aren’t allowed to enter their house although I’m not sure if that includes the toilet in the horse barn.

We won't tell! 

48 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

Same time since we've seen my father who celebrated his 90th birthday in May. The care home is in implemented restrictions end of Feb - wisely - and have had one case and no fatalities. 

6 minutes ago, Millsy said:

Same time since we've seen my father who celebrated his 90th birthday in May. The care home is in implemented restrictions end of Feb - wisely - and have had one case and no fatalities. 

Yep similar to here at my work it’s tough but needs must , it’s one of the reasons I wouldn’t flout the guidelines as I don’t want to harm the guys I work with or my parents.

9 minutes ago, nottingham said:

We won't tell! 

all above board and legal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nottingham said:

Been trying to work out meaning of symbol third column, second down - man playing keyboard?  Seems you can do whatever after 9pm!

Yes, the timing information is odd. I think that sign means you can go fishing on foot for shellfish etc but I could be wrong. Ed. 

• Thanks 1

Some signs are not immediately obvious. Last year in Crete (sigh!) we drove away in our hire car from our apartment only to see a miniscule red warning hieroglyphic appear on the dashboard. What was it? No handbook in the car. Was it serious? Should we continue driving to the other side of the Island? What to do?

I then had a brainwave. I pulled over, and used my phone to access the manufacturer's website to access the car handbook online - clever me!

I found it!

One of the rear doors wasn't properly closed...

Just wish we were back there now.

Crete 2019 (7).JPG

• Like 2

On 22/05/2020 at 16:28, neilcvx said:

@brianeccleston it’s a lot to do with store managers the Aldi 6 miles away is a shambles and I won’t go but the one 10 miles away is a totally different and very well organised, on a side note what’s the obsession that supported living has with Asda? I’m not allowed to go anywhere else.

I figured as much about the store managers. Glad to know it was not just me thinking it though.

I think it is partly location and that Asda are around, and also they are also thought of as cheaper. Personally I not convinced on that as it depends what you actually want or like of course. Were allowed to go where ever, its just Asda is there so its simple to do. Of course it takes a lot longer at the moment, which has a knock on for rest of day.

• Like 1