Seashore

Which ship will you make a beeline for?

When the coronavirus crisis is over, which ship would be at the top of your list to go on first and why?

There is only one! Custom designed and beautifully built and decorated in 1989.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, colin said:

Are you suggesting there has been no re-decoration since?! 🤣

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Careful.... I was severely ticked off a few years ago by her then Commandant for us commenting on lack of maintenance. My defence was that we were on his side!

29 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Isn't it sympathetically called 'retaining period features' or have I spent too much time reading estate agents' property ads recently?! 

• Haha 1

Well hopefully it will be Bretagne as that means my September holiday isn’t cancelled although it wouldn’t be my first choice 😉

Pint-Aven, I’d like to see her new engine used to full effect ;) 

4 minutes ago, colin said:

Pint? I hadn't realised she had gone all imperial....

That's the first thing I have when I get aboard going to Spain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Depending on whether I need to get back for a specific reason or not will determine my choice of ship and route. 

If urgent it'll be one of the Caen vessels most likely or perhaps NEX if she's running. If less urgent then Bretagne will do. If cost is an issue then one of the Dieppe ships is more likely.

And most likely if it's just for the pleasure of being able to get out and about and enjoy the sea air, it'll be Rapide to Jersey or Guernsey for a weekend away. 

Ed. 

• Like 1

TBH, I couldn’t care much which ship it turns out to be.

For us, it’ll be close to Christmas 2020 for our return to the UK for the festive period.  By then, we almost certainly won’t have seen any family or friends for a year.  All plans for this Summer ruined, but so far (happily) nobody either here or in the UK has been taken ill.

• Like 2

Predictably - Bretagne every time!  We do have an early August holiday booked inc crossing to/from St Malo.  Fingers crossed!

Might try and give Stena a go at Harwich. Always been meaning to and have read lots of good things about the Hook pair.  Never sailed with Stena so this will be a good opportunity to do something different.

• Like 1

I am booked on Bretagne at the end of June. I haven't been on her since 2007 and was really looking forward to that trip. I'm not hopeful that we get to France this year though.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, colin said:

Pint? I hadn't realised she had gone all imperial....

Clearly my mind was on other things, sorry 😄

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, colin said:

The M/F Sassnitz?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gareth said:

Might try and give Stena a go at Harwich. Always been meaning to and have read lots of good things about the Hook pair.  Never sailed with Stena so this will be a good opportunity to do something different.

I’ve not tried those either, I’m thinking Stena Edda. I know she’s still running at the moment but it’s hardly essential travel.

6 hours ago, Gareth said:

Only done the superfast from Belfast and it was a pleasant enough experience with friendly staff and a well run loading and unloading experience, personally I wouldn’t do Harwich as the destination it serves aren’t worth the drive I would be as well going from Newcastle.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Seashore said:

When the coronavirus crisis is over, which ship would be at the top of your list to go on first and why?

Depends if the restrictions go in time for the booking we have for Bretagne followed by Armorique or not... if we miss that, then we're not allowed to travel for several months (well, Mrs Jim isn't...)

• Sad 1

I like the North boats Hjaltland and Hrossey. Civilised ideas like the Magnus Lounge and driving the car off in the morning, then joining your passengers back on board for breakfast - good breakfast! The infamous Sleeping Pods are not universally appreciated....

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, cvabishop said:

I'd settle for the Isle of Wight ferry....

Kestrel?

• Like 1