jonno

A Little Light Relief for These Testing Times.

I Believe we're all doing our best to be responsible during this period of self isolation & self distancing and are concerned about our friends, families and fellow forum members in neighbouring countries and counties.

The media coverage is at saturation point, whether we want to or not and for even the shortest period, it's difficult to self distance or self isolate from the steadily growing numbers of those being infected or worse.

For a little diversion I thought a thread allowing us all to participate with funny tales or links to some classic comedy sketches would bring a smile.

I've started with this from the superb Pam Ayers as many of you may just...and not in a small way either... think she's talking about yours truly when I begin to act like a dog with bone! (telling me to shut up is allowed!)

Enjoy!

I don't know if there is any copyright infringement but they seem to be available on Youtube so hopefully not.

• Like 1

I just went through my favourite Kevin Bridges,Billy Connolly, Jerry Sadowitz and Dennis Leary sets and none are suitable here almost posted the “Chewin the fat back stairs lavvy song” but it was a bit risky so settled for one from that I found funny and true from someone I’ve never really liked before.

Try Hancocks Half Hour - The Cold - on You Tube. It brightened my day no end.

Posted (edited)

Dr: Have you tried Mrs Cravatt?

Hancock: Yes it was a waste of time.

Dr; No she didn't do me much good either. 

A  classic episode. 

Try The Two Murderers 

or a bit more recherche Pete Barbuti in the fourth trumpet

Edited by Millsy

7 hours ago, hhvferry said:

Elderly ladies in my block, one in her 90s, says the gauntlet of words except the F and C word.  Her language is peppered with bl**dy everything.  Hard to keep a straight face.  One beneath me used to yell P off at students sitting on the wall outside..🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Khaines said:

Elderly ladies in my block, one in her 90s, says the gauntlet of words except the F and C word.  Her language is peppered with bl**dy everything.  Hard to keep a straight face.  One beneath me used to yell P off at students sitting on the wall outside..🤣

There is something hugely endearing about that kind of language from the people you would, stereotypically, least expect it from.

• Like 1

In Glasgow you use a swear word every four words, in Dundee every three....:)

It’s the only place it can be used as a term of endearment, astonishment, disgust and aggression.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neilcvx said:

It’s the only place it can be used as a term of endearment, astonishment, disgust and aggression.

The last time I heard a Scotsman swear was while site visiting a Save the Children project at Possilpark - a group decided they didn't like our electricians van and threw bricks at it whilst expressing their dislike of English electrical engineers!  I don't think it was endearment they intended.  Horrible people - not like  #neilcvx I am sure!

4 hours ago, neilcvx said:

Nah, Australia have that covered too. 

10 minutes ago, Jim said:

Nah, Australia have that covered too. 

No way **** off ! 😉

Whilst we are on Australia, who can, politely, describe the two expressions.... Dropping my lunch, and Cutting my lunch.

Careful now....

11 minutes ago, colin said:

Whilst we are on Australia, who can, politely, describe the two expressions.... Dropping my lunch, and Cutting my lunch.

Careful now....

Is one similar to ,, dropping your guts?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, neilcvx said:

No way **** off ! 😉

Yeah right, ya mad ****!

This is not for the easily offended - but for anyone with reasonable knowledge of Aussie slang: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHQRZXM-4xI

1 hour ago, colin said:

Careful now....

Dropping one's lunch... breaking wind

If someone was to be cutting your lunch... it might be grounds for divorce...

• Like 2

Seemed an appropriate place as any to post ,

https://actu.fr/bretagne/colpo_56042/le-cuisinier-la-brittany-ferries-mijote-petits-plats-ses-voisins_32909287.html

Brittany Ferries cook cooks dishes for neighbors

Jérôme Joulaud has decided to make himself useful to his neighbors, market gardeners, by preparing their meals which he delivers by bicycle! But he needs a trailer.

I will let you google translate the rest.

• Like 2