A Little Light Relief for These Testing Times.

On 02/11/2020 at 20:34, Cabin-boy said:

I suggest a competition. The rules are simple. Take and submit a photo of the oldest thing you own which still works and from a now defunct company or brand (in the sector from which your object originated). 

I'll kick off with this eraser from John Menzies which means it has survived at least 22 years. 

Ed

DSC_0644.JPG

Not sure of the exact date but does DSC_2261.jpg.88164eb39c3c8dd63f812de635f7e16d.jpgDSC_2261.jpg.88164eb39c3c8dd63f812de635f7e16d.jpgthis count. Its from the 1940's I believe and was used last week to pump up a wheel barrow tyre

Edited by IanN
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

oh dear, this chap may be at risk

Wonder how the Aussies will get round this one..🤣

A Change in Perception about Cruise Ships ............

Posted Images

4 hours ago, rogerpatenall said:

Oh dear, Colin. I hope the medics find out which parts are not working, and can sort it out soon for you.😉

Unfortunately. Roger, the non functioning bits are now beyond repair without bionic intervention! I do find the medication that  I buy from Fred at WBS  helps. However, I can still manage that nasty flight of steps from deck 3 to 4 on the PA.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Radio France Internationale accidentally published a series of preemptive obituaries today.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54965098

Tomorrow they will be announcing Brigitte Macron is pregnant and bears find that woods don't offer enough privacy any more. 

Ed

"None of them are currently dead. RFI has said it is "mobilising to rectify this major bug".

What will they do? Go out and shoot them?

Actually I'd quite like to read mine in advance.

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, BobCrox said:

Actually I'd quite like to read mine in advance.

Or perhaps not, it might make you want to go and kill yourself, when you realise what people think of you.  Hopefully not Lol.

Apparently the French government are today debating a new law that would mean making fun of someone due to their accent becomes illegal. This would put the crime in the same bracket as homophobia or religious discrimination. 

I may as well go and hand myself in now. 

Ed. 

31 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Apparently the French government are today debating a new law that would mean making fun of someone due to their accent becomes illegal. This would put the crime in the same bracket as homophobia or religious discrimination. 

Ed. 

Nothing down for me then with my accent.

I have always found that the French enjoy regional and foreign accents just as much as any British person with a normal sense of humour. Having a foot in both camps, I mercilessly work the subject....

2 hours ago, Cabin-boy said:

Ed. 

oh dear, this chap may be at risk

high-res-cover-e1539942203173.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

I dint know if ze frinch govuvernement will piss ze bile ou no but I will follow ze progres and kep you up to date. It iz possible zat ze ozer potties refuse to voter in faveur. In zat cas zis stupide idee of ze gouvernement will be shat down lik a German bummer over Lindon. 

Ed

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

I dint know if ze frinch govuvernement will piss ze bile ou no but I will follow ze progres and kep you up to date. It iz possible zat ze ozer potties refuse to voter in faveur. In zat cas zis stupide idee of ze gouvernement will be shat down lik a German bummer over Lindon. 

Ed

The bummer will be shat down by the farters over Lindon

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...