A Little Light Relief for These Testing Times.

With the new school term starting this week, it's time again for me to look through my wife's class lists to see what daft names parents have been giving their children. 

The top three so far ( but which may change) are :

3) Leeloo (I think the father might be a fan of the film 'the Fifth Element ')

2) Louny (not Loony thankfully)

1) Ombre ( which might not seem so bad but is ludicrous when you find out her surname is Dupont!) 

Ed. 

• Haha 2
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wonder how the Aussies will get round this one..🤣

A Change in Perception about Cruise Ships ............

Regarding space shuttles, am interesting book by a French photographer called Jonk whom I follow on Facebook, visited the Russian Space Shuttle base in Kazakhstan.  He is an urban explorer and got int

Posted Images

I got sent a link last night to a vid of Billy Connolly’s streak in London for the 2001 Comic Relief.  Remember watching that, never thought we’d see “everything” on TV, and his bits would be blurred out or just filmed from behind.  When he burst through those doors in all his glory, I was falling about - so funny!!!   Good old Billy,

Would put the link here but not sure as it contains full frontal male nudity - but if allowed will supply it..😄

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Khaines said:

I got sent a link last night to a vid of Billy Connolly’s streak in London for the 2001 Comic Relief.  Remember watching that, never thought we’d see “everything” on TV, and his bits would be blurred out or just filmed from behind.  When he burst through those doors in all his glory, I was falling about - so funny!!!   Good old Billy,

Would put the link here but not sure as it contains full frontal male nudity - but if allowed will supply it..😄

As long as it's not as imposing and offensive as PA's funnel, I'm sure it will be fine. Ed. 

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Khaines said:

Did you see his naked dance outside his igloo?

On 30/08/2020 at 13:06, Cabin-boy said:

With the new school term starting this week, it's time again for me to look through my wife's class lists to see what daft names parents have been giving their children. 

The top three so far ( but which may change) are :

3) Leeloo (I think the father might be a fan of the film 'the Fifth Element ')

2) Louny (not Loony thankfully)

1) Ombre ( which might not seem so bad but is ludicrous when you find out her surname is Dupont!) 

Ed. 

I know someone who has a granddaughter called Britney after her parents favourite singer Britney Spears. Unfortunately her mother is married to a Mr Ferris. Fortunately they don't live near the south coast.

• Haha 3

5C84E4BD-93AF-4694-80DB-80C5C85E679D.thumb.jpeg.577da867eeffdc4aac8de19c1f0f90e9.jpeg

well if you want some entertainment now the roller coasters are closed try cycling over the Forth bridge on a very windy day , the wife’s language provided a fun distraction at least.

• Haha 1
On 01/09/2020 at 12:37, Rattler43 said:

I know someone who has a granddaughter called Britney after her parents favourite singer Britney Spears. Unfortunately her mother is married to a Mr Ferris. Fortunately they don't live near the south coast.

I think I met her sister Aisla Sky

• 3 weeks later...

A quick trivia question I just discovered while preparing a lesson.  

With which country does France have its longest land border?

Don't look it up! Let's have your guesses.

Ed

Edited by Cabin-boy
9 minutes ago, Solo said:

Good question Ed, I sort of guessed it but looked up to confirm.  Was more surprised by the second longest.

Yes, it just shows how convoluted French/Belgian history has been over the centuries. Ed. 

Longest must be Spain (?).

Positions 2, 3, 4 and 5 must be, in some order, Italy, Switzerland, Germany and Belgium, but I’m too tired (and have had too much wine) to attempt to work out which way round.

59 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Positions 2, 3, 4 and 5 must be, in some order, Italy, Switzerland, Germany and Belgium, but I’m too tired (and have had too much wine) to attempt to work out which way round.

I've had too much wine too to work out the order of the others.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gareth said:

No

3 minutes ago, Solo said:

No

I suspected as much from the fact that Ed posted the question.  (Spain is the obvious one).  From his later giveaway it must have been Belgium then, but I’d still maintain Spain must be a close second.

6 hours ago, Gareth said:

I suspected as much from the fact that Ed posted the question.  (Spain is the obvious one).  From his later giveaway it must have been Belgium then, but I’d still maintain Spain must be a close second.

No. Belgium is number 2. But number 1 is not what you would imagine. Ed. 

My wife asked me this question some time ago as well  from her French class , you would have to "broaden your horizon " to get it .

Edited by Chef
4 minutes ago, Chef said:

Even closer if you were to include Llivia .

True but I think as an exclave it's counted in the official figures for Spain anyway. Pheasant Island which switches back and forth would be the same and is too small to make any difference either. We need to think bigger.

Ed.