Sign in to follow this  
nottingham

B&Q (diy.com)

Urgent repair needed at home - needed a small sheet of ply and a new torch to do the job.

Ordered and paid on line for the click and collect service they are operating during pandemic

As instructed waited for the 'your items are ready to collect' e-mail before visiting my local store.

Arrived at store to be turned away as 'the queue is too long'

Returned later and got onto end of queue.

1.5 hours later got to collection point.

Waited half an hour to be told the sheet of ply not available after all - apologies from trolley boy - a refund promised but no paperwork issued (or received since)  No alternative offered.

Have tried to use their on-line form to contact customer services, but it doesn't work.

Difficult times do not excuse incompetence!  Makes BF customer service current issues look quite good in comparison (although I've missed out on pre-paid ferry bookings, I haven't lost money yet and might get my trips eventually)

Rant over

That`s about par for B & Q at the best of times..Always my last port of call for the reasons you have outlined..See if you have a local DIY outlet still operating, many of them still are and you will get sorted..Screwfix of the big multiples have the best reputation..Good luck

21 minutes ago, Paully said:

That`s about par for B & Q at the best of times..Always my last port of call for the reasons you have outlined..See if you have a local DIY outlet still operating, many of them still are and you will get sorted..Screwfix of the big multiples have the best reputation..Good luck

Screwfix are B&Q, all the same firm.  We were in the website queue for an hour, picked what we wanted and the store to find it out of stock.

My father has ordered some bags of gravel for collection. He's now waiting for the confirmation of their availability. I'll keep you informed as to whether his experience is positive or negative. Ed. 

My experience of Screwfix (Broughton Astley) has been brilliant during the current situation

If you have a Toolstation I have found that they are offering a larger range than Screwfix at the moment. Often cheaper too

Who would have thought that B & Q would have made it onto the 'things to do in Plymouth' leaflet

Oh, no hangon, that's quite plausible... :)

(just don't try to use the bogs without a segway to hand) !

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

Who would have thought that B & Q would have made it onto the 'things to do in Plymouth' leaflet

Oh, no hangon, that's quite plausible... :)

(just don't try to use the bogs without a segway to hand) !

Yes - I confess to putting it under the wrong forum!