Redwards

After lockdown The new Normal

That will help that and the government money

Yelloh one of Frances biggest camping franchises seem to be desperate for bookings 

Hesitating to book your next holiday at a Yelloh! Village campsite? We quite understand. So to help you during this period of uncertainty and enable you to organise your family holiday without a worry, we’ve created Flexy! Flexy! means being able to book your stay right away, and cancel free of charge at any time up to 7 days before your arrival.

https://www.yellohvillage.co.uk/special_offers/flexy_offer

A whole day since anybody posted on this thread. I think we are suffering some sort of mental lockdown trying to guess what will happen next ...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

You could read this to pass some time it will take a while to scroll down from the companies that have handled the Covid situation well to get to BF.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/05/mse-travel-survey-results/

On a positive note, I went through the first 3 pages of feedback and comment from complainants - not one referred to BF.  The survey just goes to show they are just one of many operators experiencing difficulty in achieving customer satisfaction in these difficult times.

54 minutes ago, nottingham said:

On a positive note, I went through the first 3 pages of feedback and comment from complainants - not one referred to BF.  The survey just goes to show they are just one of many operators experiencing difficulty in achieving customer satisfaction in these difficult times.

I suspect that’s more to do with BF being a small company than their handling of the situation which has been woeful, shuttling phone lines etc

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, neilcvx said:

I suspect that’s more to do with BF being a small company than their handling of the situation which has been woeful, shuttling phone lines etc

253 responses was ok compared to other companies. A number of companies shut phone lines & I think the current BF information and policies are ok, they have moved a lot in a month or so, it is shame that they were not in place on day 1. The problem with BF is that they have never had the staff to cope with problems and not provided the tools to manage cancelled sailings online either. The website is poor and buggy and the contact form regularly crashes - the outdated form sounds like a load balancer issue, however the IT staff do not excel !

2 hours ago, veryoldbear said:

A whole day since anybody posted on this thread. I think we are suffering some sort of mental lockdown trying to guess what will happen next ...

Not really, just realised that not many on here are interested in anything factual because it's harder to believe than fiction. Plus I think those who incessantly post negative links in order to affirm they own fears or frustrations have had to work a little harder trolling around Google today.  

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, jonno said:

Not really, just realised that not many on here are interested in anything factual because it's harder to believe than fiction. Plus I think those who incessantly post negative links in order to affirm they own fears or frustrations have had to work a little harder trolling around Google today.  

I didn’t troll google it came up on my Twitter feed , the fact is a lot of companies are doing a lot better at customer relations than BF a quick look at their Twitter feed prices that there isn’t any praise from affected passengers for their handling of the situation, the problem with BF is that they have a good but too small UK  customer service team working to the French often poor customer service attitude, it’s easy to say things are ok if you haven’t personally been subjected to the bad customer service like a lot of customers have.

Crossed wires I think?  I believe Jonno is talking about the general state of play with the response to the virus rather than BF’s response to cancelled bookings.

I agree very much with Neil’s sentiment, that those who have not been on the receiving end of BF’s customer service since March have no business telling people who have what they should think and feel about it.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Gareth said:

Crossed wires I think?  I believe Jonno is talking about the general state of play with the response to the virus rather than BF’s response to cancelled bookings.

I agree very much with Neil’s sentiment, that those who have not been on the receiving end of BF’s customer service since March have no business telling people who have what they should think and feel about it.

I have been on the receiving end & received vouchers, & am now ok with it, I understand the way that they are handling it it, however please do delete my post of 9 hours ago as we appear to be back to no discussion if I disagree with what you say.

David

9 hours ago, jonno said:

Plus I think those who incessantly post negative links in order to affirm they own fears or frustrations have had to work a little harder trolling around Google today.  

There are some that seem to delight in criticising others for being too negative,  please can we stop this abuse of fellow forum members & accept that all opinions are valid, even those one doesn't agree with - that is what leads to a positive debate.

• Like 3

I may be perceived as being negative but if you want to see real negativity look at the Tripadvisor reviews or the multiple refund groups that have appeared on social media , my negativity is driven by my past experience of good customer service from BF and a desire to see that return , if I’m paying a premium price I expect a premium service and not just onboard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gareth said:

It was a specific attack on people who have different views from him. People who, he says, prefer fiction to fact. Totally unacceptable post and apology required.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, David Williams said:

please do delete my post of 9 hours ago as we appear to be back to no discussion if I disagree with what you say

Can’t see anything about that post that would require its deletion David?  Seems like a valid and well argued point of view.  Explains BF’s position well and makes no attempt to tell other people how they should feel.  An important post to keep I think - do you really want it deleted?

1 hour ago, colin said:

It was a specific attack on people who have different views from him. People who, he says, prefer fiction to fact. Totally unacceptable post and apology required.

I wasn’t aware that Tripadvisor or money saving expert published fiction I always regarded them as usually fairly trustworthy, we could though all bury our heads in the sand and think that BF are doing a great job even though the massive majority of customers or ex customers think that they are handling it well , I post comments like that on here as I’m sure as has been said before BF management read this site and they need to sort out their customer services.

Heres an example of a group that appeared on my recommended groups to join I’ve never googled to see bad reviews or find bad customer feedback about BF currently there is no need to.

(no I didn’t join)

E3937718-8F87-4487-A56B-DAFF528C4FBF.thumb.jpeg.8df8b4c324fdb3e2cff83ba6c743b38c.jpeg

22 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

I wasn’t aware that Tripadvisor or money saving expert published fiction I always regarded them as usually fairly trustworthy, we could though all bury our heads in the sand and think that BF are doing a great job even though the massive majority of customers or ex customers think that they are handling it well , I post comments like that on here as I’m sure as has been said before BF management read this site and they need to sort out their customer services.

Heres an example of a group that appeared on my recommended groups to join I’ve never googled to see bad reviews or find bad customer feedback about BF currently there is no need to.

(no I didn’t join)

E3937718-8F87-4487-A56B-DAFF528C4FBF.thumb.jpeg.8df8b4c324fdb3e2cff83ba6c743b38c.jpeg

Don't want to criticise Neil but you know how Facebook works, it knows what you look at, I've not had that page appear on my feed I'd like to know how many on here have.  If you look at something with a certain slant Facebook feeds you more of the same.  Don't know how long that group has been going for but only 237 members out of how many cancelled passengers isn't that many.

I think everyone on here agrees they should've offered refunds at the start but we know most transport was thrown into a panic when this started, Mr O'Leary was on the radio this week saying it could be months before they refund people.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Solo said:

Don't want to criticise Neil but you know how Facebook works, it knows what you look at, I've not had that page appear on my feed I'd like to know how many on here have.  If you look at something with a certain slant Facebook feeds you more of the same.  Don't know how long that group has been going for but only 237 members out of how many cancelled passengers isn't that many.

I think everyone on here agrees they should've offered refunds at the start but we know most transport was thrown into a panic when this started, Mr O'Leary was on the radio this week saying it could be months before they refund people.

I don’t look up anything about BF on Facebook actually and only like the official BF page none of the fanboy pages , I see you’re logic though with facebooks algorithms it’s probably being suggested to anybody who likes Ferries in general.

I would hate for BF to get to Ryanair’s level of customer services.

I think people are getting hung up on the refund subject when the issue is bigger than that.

Edited by neilcvx

Indeed, the refund discussion was closed by Jim a while back.  This thread is supposed to be about what BF will look like in the post-Covid era.

I might have mentioned that before! 😉😀

• Like 1

Half full ships with happy mask wearing customers asking where the buffet is.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Solo said:

That is a private group, you would only see it on your newsfeed if you are are a member.  It would probably not be suggested you would actively have to look for it.  I have just put it in Facebook’s search box and it comes up.  No I didn’t join, but suppose anyone who wants to just to lurk and see who else is on there...😉   You can only see who is in the group by joining!!

Posted (edited)

Sadly I have found that page under my recommendations, as well.

Edit: and no, not a member of it. Might be as I am in some (positive) ferry groups

Edited by The Ferry Man
  • Like 1