Amendment and cancellation policies

27 minutes ago, Jim said:

With HFD isn't it a case of you book the property via HFD and then the ferry direct BF using a discount code?

Yes thats it Jim, but the point of my wonder is are we a `direct customer` or not, being as we cannot amend directly online. The statement was interesting but lost something in the translation I fear...Should have left it to Cabin Boy 🤣

9 minutes ago, Paully said:

Yes thats it Jim, but the point of my wonder is are we a `direct customer` or not, being as we cannot amend directly online. The statement was interesting but lost something in the translation I fear...Should have left it to Cabin Boy 🤣

I would think you'd be fine in that case - you have booked directly with BF. I think anything other than a bog standard ferry booking (holiday, discounted etc) can't be amended online anyway.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gareth said:

I was equally intrigued by “our flexible fleet”.  Does that mean the new schedules will be operated entirely by Armorique on some clever timetabling that will enable her to cover all routes?! 🤣

E-flexers arriving early. Clues in the name 👂(joke)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rik762 said:

There are no timetables showing on the BF site at the moment. Interesting.

They went blank last night after the 'update'

26 minutes ago, veryoldbear said:

We are also ever hopeful 1st July Portsmouth - Caen Normandie. It's a punt (the risk, not the ship). We may have to renegotiate but c'est la vie.

I hope so, I have a Commodore cabin on the Pont Aven on the 19th July plus some non cancellable hotel rooms, however my holiday is touring in Northern Spain & Western France & up to Calvados so I am really not sure at present and the final 75% BF payment is due in 13 days time !

I would not be surprised if they take the Pont Aven (plus others) out of the schedule for the whole season.so will wait announcements in the next few days with bated breath. 

34 minutes ago, veryoldbear said:

We are also ever hopeful 1st July Portsmouth - Caen Normandie. It's a punt (the risk, not the ship). We may have to renegotiate but c'est la vie.

Personally I think Caen and Spain routes have the best chance of running, out of anything...

There are now two Twitter reports of BF issuing refunds and there is an option on the contact form with 'My Sailing is cancelled, I'd like an alternative to a refund credit note'

It looks like BF are prepared to issue cash refunds if pressed hard enough as long as not too many do that !

3 hours ago, hf_uk said:

What route/vessel Jonno?

We're out on Normandie first thing on the Saturday and returning on Bretagne on the following Saturday with a stop over at Wincheser C&M club site. We were supposed to be going to Sweden this Friday to look at a house on Helgo with planned trips on Baltic Queen & Viking Grace😒

4 minutes ago, Stefeni said:

just looked on uk site, showing full normal timetable on all routes from May 15th, surely that cant be right .

It's right until they decide otherwise. They are only cancelling when they are sure otherwise they'll be unable to cope with requests for transfers and refunds. We'll very likely see the timetables change tomorrow but maybe not before the evening. Ed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hf_uk said:

Interesting. I wonder if you could change back to Caen for the return if needed. All up in the air at the moment still. I guess isn't it. Well - good luck! :)

We're thinking about changing the 18th July return to MSM's morning crossing, maybe I should just get on with it while there's still the cabin choice.

2 hours ago, Stefeni said:

just looked on uk site, showing full normal timetable on all routes from May 15th, surely that cant be right .

No as there will likely be the current or very similar restrictions in place in the UK and BF know that.

Reserved for mid September, everything crossed. 

Overnight on bretagne - home daytine on PA.

Tried to raise a query after the  reservation, phones all out and online query form would not work.

Rhys

4 hours ago, neilcvx said:

No as there will likely be the current or very similar restrictions in place in the UK and BF know that.

Next website update is due 1730 tomorrow!

8 hours ago, hf_uk said:

Interesting. I wonder if you could change back to Caen for the return if needed. All up in the air at the moment still. I guess isn't it. Well - good luck! :)

I've changed it to MSM & the 0830 Ouistreham return, cost me an extra £10.50... sacrilege!

We have a house in Cotes d'Armor, and were planning every other month there this year. Best laid plans eh?, with March and May cancelled already. Still hopeful for July and September, but would like to hear from anyone currently resident or semi resident in France about the reception we might get if we arrive when there are still some restrictions, social distancing etc. We have very good neighbours and have always been made welcome, so we would not like to compromise those good relations by turning up too soon. Any thoughts gratefully received

A friend of mine was notified by phone on Monday that the camp site we are both booked on will open on 16th June yet there is no announcement on their web page or their Facebook page. I wonder where we stand if they open but BF do not start running again. I am due to travel Ply - Ros night ferry 25th June.

John