Amendment and cancellation policies

1 minute ago, David Williams said:

The headline on the French site is more accurate and links to the article.
Bientôt la fin de nos offres spéciales liées aux annulations

Exactly! The point being that he can't start a moral-boosting message to his massive UK customer base with what is effectively 'bad news'. Hence the recourse to a database of more positive words. Ed. 

1 hour ago, Cabin-boy said:

Exactly! The point being that he can't start a moral-boosting message to his massive UK customer base with what is effectively 'bad news'. Hence the recourse to a database of more positive words. Ed. 

Following on from Millsy`s theme how about..S*&T, Creek,Paddle

Edited by Paully
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, veryoldbear said:

As it seems that "Manage my Booking" doesn't work properly and they have the phones off the hook for the duration how can one get in touch with them now?

Have you tried a carrier pigeon? The only problem is that, being French, they'll probably have it for lunch washed down with a nice glass or two before spending the rest of the afternoon trying to remember who sent it, why and what the message might have been about. Oh, and today's a public holiday in France so don't expect anyone to do anything remotely work-related until tomorrow at the earliest. Ed. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, veryoldbear said:

As it seems that "Manage my Booking" doesn't work properly and they have the phones off the hook for the duration how can one get in touch with them now?

It seems that there are limited people on the phone lines now and sometimes the online chat is manned. However I find the best way of getting a response to a problem is a Direct Message on Twitter.

In what way is 'Manage my booking' not working for you at the moment ?

I tried to change date etc on "Manage my Booking" which it did OK but because the cabins requested were all booked it just stopped at that point and wouldn't give an option for a different cabin grade. Now trying the Twitter DM route but I am not a Twitter Expert and find it all a bit mysterious.

Have you tried a carrier pigeon? The only problem is that, being French, they'll probably have it for lunch washed down with a nice glass or two before spending the rest of the afternoon trying to remember who sent it, why and what the message might have been about. Oh, and today's a public holiday in France so don't expect anyone to do anything remotely work-related until tomorrow at the earliest. Ed. 

They've got the two bean tins but the string is proving a bit of a problem. 

After all though a clunky new internet site that wasn't working brilliantly anyway was never going to cope with something like this.

It's a sad reflection on where we are that too many running things in many areas are reduced to simply hoping for the best.

The BF CEO would be better sitting down for a couple of hours and watch Jules Ostin in The Intern to see how a chief should run an online business and incidentally what will probably go  wrong of it all goes 'corporate. What is it de Niro's character says?

I watched you show the workers how to fold and box the clothes. I knew then that was why ATF was a success. No one else is ever going to have that  kind of commitment to your company, Jules. Someone may come in with more experience than you, but they won't  know what you know.

Strikes me no one at the top of BF really knows why people were fans, people who have been customers since Armond le Bras arrived to open up the operation, and why they're so browned off now. (And not just now given some standards of service threads we've had here pre March.)

Edited by Millsy
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Millsy said:

Strikes me no one at the top of BF really knows why people were fans, people who have been customers since Armond le Bras arrived to open up the operation, and why they're so browned off now. (And not just now given some standards of service threads we've had here pre March.)

Gourvennec knew and he ran it from a very accurate gut instinct, with the right people in the right places. Nowadays they manage from within a Cost Benefit Analysis with the default position being that people will always return because they have (had)a Western Channel monopoly. 

Cant fault BF Customer services, We had booked a flex ticket to go in August, but with the current quarantine restrictions etc, we have decided to apply for a refund credit voucher as we didn't want to take a chance and loose all of our money as we can only go main holiday periods. Our balance was also due this week. A direct message to BF over the weekend and a prompt response from Jane this morning (As per usual) and balance payment now rescinded and we await for the RCV to be issued. Will re book for next year as soon as the timetable is issued.

2 hours ago, Paulyh75 said:

Cant fault BF Customer services, We had booked a flex ticket to go in August, but with the current quarantine restrictions etc, we have decided to apply for a refund credit voucher as we didn't want to take a chance and loose all of our money as we can only go main holiday periods. Our balance was also due this week. A direct message to BF over the weekend and a prompt response from Jane this morning (As per usual) and balance payment now rescinded and we await for the RCV to be issued. Will re book for next year as soon as the timetable is issued.

Jane solved my problem (well, the one involving BF) this morning. Top marks!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, TopCat2 said:

Hi. Have been a BF customer since 1989 and frankly Plymouth to Roscoff is my only reasonable route to my holiday home. Like many of you I've had one booking cancelled by BF and my next in late June is looking unlikely. My most recent vouchers were used for bookings in September and October, which I'm beginning to regret. However, having read the most recent Coronavirus update from the BF CEO which gives today as the deadline to use the Enhanced Flexibility offer I am worried about what will happen to my economy booking for 21st June. If BF cancel the crossing and give me another voucher I'm OK with that (although earlier posts worry me that BF may collapse and that will leave me out of pocket). However, as their Contact Form online was of yesterday still inoperable and their phone lines are not in use I emailed customer services to request a refund voucher yesterday, backing that up with a letter to Millbay. Where do I stand if BF refuse a refund voucher given their own means of communication (the contact form) isn't working? 

Just an update. Had a missed call from BF customer services followed up with an email effectively cancelling my 21st June booking as I assume they cannot guarantee this particular service. I now have a credit voucher for the full cost of the ticket and am happy with that. Many thanks to Gemma at Millbay who emailed me this morning with my options. Deadline for refund vouchers under Enhanced Flexibility is midnight 1st June (today). 

Today's update appears a little late. Perhaps the random word generator has crashed.

Ed

A concern about sailings to Spain seem to be the major concern on it , not a mention oh how they will be profitable with half full ships.