Sign in to follow this  
Fine Whine

BF Trivia Quiz Friday 1st May

Bonjour,

Here is official advance warning of the quiz this week starting at 8 pm British time on Friday (thanks Ed...o.O). It will be solely focussed on BF leaving the door open for someone else to take up the challenge later with a more general ferry quiz.

As always the problem with setting quiz questions is the level of difficulty so I'll try to make them varied and occasionally obscure, but in my book the only easy questions are the ones you know the answers to. I'll attempt to cater for all tastes and ages so that those here who register highly on the scale of "Ferry Boffins" won't necessarily win.

A vendredi...

Chris

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

Bonjour,

Here is official advance warning of the quiz this week starting at 8 pm British time on Friday (thanks Ed...o.O). It will be solely focussed on BF leaving the door open for someone else to take up the challenge later with a more general ferry quiz.

As always the problem with setting quiz questions is the level of difficulty so I'll try to make them varied and occasionally obscure, but in my book the only easy questions are the ones you know the answers to. I'll attempt to cater for all tastes and ages so that those here who register highly on the scale of "Ferry Boffins" won't necessarily win.

A vendredi...

Chris

Bonjour Chris, and apologies if I missed it, but where is the location of this going to be?

15 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

Bonjour Chris, and apologies if I missed it, but where is the location of this going to be?

Kent

• Haha 1

I mean is it on the Forum or some swanky online service?

Ask a sensible question!! (I think you've all got a bit of lockdown syndrome:P)

3 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

I mean is it on the Forum or some swanky online service?

Ask a sensible question!! (I think you've all got a bit of lockdown syndrome:P)

It's on Chris's Wine Hub Club.org.fr. Like all top end side street establishments it's free to join but 20 euros to leave as to effectively wipe your feet on the way out.

Where were you for Ed's quiz? It'll be on the forum with it's own heading and everything... ded professional like kidda!

...and I do not have lockdown syndrome, I can wander the house and grounds with ease then sit on the window ledge in any room watching the tweety birds.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, hf_uk said:

I thought it was on the top deck of a Red Bus parked outside of Roscoff.

• Haha 1

Afternoon all,

A bit of a crisis to report I'm afraid. We had a mini hurricane last night which took out the telephone cables in our little corner of La Manche and despite Orange promising to fix it we've seen nobody to date and I'm not holding my breath. No Wifi, no quiz.....:( Tomorrow being May Day I doubt they'll be too interested in turning up either so I'm putting this on hold until Tuesday evening, that's Tuesday 5th May at 8pm GMT and questions will be posted on this thread hf_uk

Chris

• Like 1

Really sorry to her that Chris! Take care:) ( and thanks )

Seeing as Chris' internet connection has gone on strike (well it is a French tradition on May 1st), I'm happy to run a short film poster quiz tomorrow night if there's any interest. Ed. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

Seeing as Chris' internet connection has gone on strike (well it is a French tradition on May 1st), I'm happy to run a short film poster quiz tomorrow night if there's any interest. Ed. 

How about cheesy 80's action film slogans like "Somehow, somewhere, someone's gonna pay" or "This is where the law stops and I start"

4 minutes ago, jonno said:

How about cheesy 80's action film slogans like "Somehow, somewhere, someone's gonna pay" or "This is where the law stops and I start"

Wait and see! I'm working on it. Ed. 

• Like 1

Round 9 – Dummy Run

10 Points on offer

·         Bla bla bla vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv) Rubbish

·         Bla bla bla vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv) Rubbish