Posted (edited)

I have been finding recently that the website often drops out when accessing threads with an error message.

Is it just me?

Edited by cvabishop

Same here. I've found it occasionally can't load a page has been happening for weeks on my phone, but seems to be doing it more often now.

Seeing similar here - it seems to be down to something at our hosts, but not sure what. Will ask them to look in to it.

• Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

It's been happening for months, it's not recent.

Yes I've had the problem for a while on one device, an old Blackberry, but my laptop is normally okay.

I think it may just be a reflection of how much the whole Internet thing is wildly overloaded with working from home, lots of streaming, and the on-line purchase of Essential Items

10 minutes ago, veryoldbear said:

the on-line purchase of Essential Items

I've only bought one swimming pool! But I caught Cabin-girl looking at heated spas on the stockist's website last night so it may not be over just yet. Ed. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

I've only bought one swimming pool! But I caught Cabin-girl looking at heated spas on the stockist's website last night so it may not be over just yet. Ed. 

Cut off her access to the internet immediately..It will save you vast quantities of money..............until the shops reopen obviously

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paully said:

until the shops reopen obviously

I don't think she can do much damage between now and Monday morning. Ed. 

• Haha 1

Those inflatable spas from Intex look great value when compared to the solid acrylic jobs, well under 1000€ compared to 10,000€ or more, especially when our last acrylic one rotted after only just over 5 years....🤬 

Does anyone here have any feedback on Intex products?

Chris

4 hours ago, Fine Whine said:

Those inflatable spas from Intex look great value when compared to the solid acrylic jobs, well under 1000€ compared to 10,000€ or more, especially when our last acrylic one rotted after only just over 5 years....🤬 

Does anyone here have any feedback on Intex products?

Chris

Relax, your big pool should open this coming week.... Have you looked at Monday's forecast? Can't see anyone grumbling about a couple of days delay for confirmation of access and restrictions....

I've heard that if you pack the pools away dry at the end of easch season they should last for about 5 years which is pretty good value on a price-per-year basis (just don't tell Greta!). If you leave them out over the winter (they say anything under 5°C is not recommended) then three years might be the best you can hope for.

As for the spas, I've also had good reports. Some people say the pumps are a bit noisy for relaxing but you don't have to run them all the time you are in the spa. You can just sit there in the warm water and relax without the bubbles on. The 4-person versions can be as cheap as 400€ but I'd probably go for the bigger 6-person model just for comfort reasons. But of course, we are NOT getting one!

Ed

8 hours ago, veryoldbear said:

I think it may just be a reflection of how much the whole Internet thing is wildly overloaded with working from home, lots of streaming, and the on-line purchase of Essential Items

Fear not - t'internet is fine. This is very much with our hosting company to sort. 

You can just sit there in the warm water and relax without the bubbles on.

One of the reputed problems with these things is that people tend to create their own bubbles....

9 minutes ago, cvabishop said:

One of the reputed problems with these things is that people tend to create their own bubbles....

Well that's one way to guarantee social distancing. Ed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Right-o Chaps and Chappettes... Our host are currently doing some work to hopefully improve site performance and stop the errors you're seeing. This may result in some problems for the next 10-15 minutes, but after that, if you get the 'Internal Server Error' issue please can you call it out in here.

Because of how things are set up, I can't see the error logs where and when this type of error occurs - but if you can let me know I can use it as a stick to go and beat up our hosting company with...

8 minutes ago, Jim said:

I can use it as a stick to go and beat up our hosting company with

A two-metre stick, presumably. Ed

Depends on which country they're based in. Some require a smaller stick.

7 minutes ago, Jim said:

Depends on which country they're based in. Some require a smaller stick.

From chopsticks in China to cabers in Scotland presumably. Ed. 

• Haha 1

It is all Obama's fault! I got that from an unimpeachable source....

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, colin said:

It is all Obama's fault! I got that from an unimpeachable source....

I like it 

• Haha 1