Bretagne - Retro Poster

43 minutes ago, Andy said:

Just had to share this awesome retro graphic of the Bretagne, akin to those of the great ocean liners!

When all this is over, I expect to see this painted on the side of your house...

25 minutes ago, Jim said:

When all this is over, I expect to see this painted on the side of your house...

Wonder if they can make one for the Val too - that would go on the roof ;)

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Andy said:

Just had to share this awesome retro graphic of the Bretagne, akin to those of the great ocean liners!

By the time she leave the fleet, that poster itself will be a real antique :D

• Like 1
7 hours ago, hhvferry said:

Nice artistic choice that they chose to keep the superstructure stripes rather than the current mess which would be consistent with the logo she's wearing.

At least Covid has likely kept her from becoming the Moby Spongebob-Squarepants for a few more years :D  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 16/05/2020 at 12:28, Ryan_H said:

Very nice, is it available to buy? 

Regretably not, though that might change in future.  The studio have replied to an enquiry from my brother, explaining that they put the images online simply for general interest.  They are now looking into how they might make them available for sale in future.

If anything comes of it I'll post the information here.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, Ryan_H said:

It would make a nice partner for this one in my lounge, although I am running out of wall space; might need a bigger house ;)

20200521_140124.jpg

Love that route:) Is that the ship which eventually ended up serving the Faro islands for Scandinavian Seaways?

21 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

Love that route:) Is that the ship which eventually ended up serving the Faro islands for Scandinavian Seaways?

The ship that served Thorshavn for DFDS was Winston Churchill, which was a younger near sister of England.  The ship in the poster looks like a previous era to those two, but with a bit of artistic license it might be England?

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, hf_uk said:

The ship is the Kronprins Frederik, which, according to 'Fakta om Fartyg', did spend some her career sailing to Torshavn from Esbjerg. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ryan_H said:

The ship is the Kronprins Frederik, which, according to 'Fakta om Fartyg', did spend some her career sailing to Torshavn from Esbjerg. 

That was before the car ferry era I presume.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Ryan_H said:

She also had a spectacular and ultimately fatal habit of spontaneously combusting.

• Like 1