We were due to sail with BF in July which I have requested credit notes for but understand this could take up to 45 days to process. Since then I have received an email stating they will collect the balance from the card already provided on Monday which would be due if we were sailing in July 2020.

As we have postponed the booking and we don't plan to use the vouchers until 2021, am not happy they are planning to the balance.

Have tried contacting BF by completing a form online but not heard back.

Can I can the transaction? if so would that affect our request for vouchers? What if any would be the implications be?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

Fran

40 minutes ago, FRAN said:

We were due to sail with BF in July which I have requested credit notes for but understand this could take up to 45 days to process. Since then I have received an email stating they will collect the balance from the card already provided on Monday which would be due if we were sailing in July 2020.

As we have postponed the booking and we don't plan to use the vouchers until 2021, am not happy they are planning to the balance.

Have tried contacting BF by completing a form online but not heard back.

Can I can the transaction? if so would that affect our request for vouchers? What if any would be the implications be?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

Fran

I wouldn't cancel the booking as it might leave you with less or nothing. Try asking them on Twitter. You might get a reply. Ed. 

Hi, it is probably too late, however try a direct message (not a tweet ) in twitter quoting your booking reference and request that they do not take the balance. 

If too late ask them to  refund the balance to the card and give you the deposit as a voucher.

ps as Ed says, don’t cancel, it will affect your voucher request.

Good Luck

Edited by David Williams
  • 3 weeks later...

We were due to travel Plymouth - Roscoff on 25th June, returning  12th July. I had booked an economy ticket so paid the full amount.  I submitted a form to request a RCN on 27/05/2020. Today I received an email with a single RCN for the full cost, valid for two years. Perhaps this is an indication that they are starting to up their game on the customer service front. 

John

5 hours ago, John M said:

We were due to travel Plymouth - Roscoff on 25th June, returning  12th July. I had booked an economy ticket so paid the full amount.  I submitted a form to request a RCN on 27/05/2020. Today I received an email with a single RCN for the full cost, valid for two years. Perhaps this is an indication that they are starting to up their game on the customer service front. 

John

Unfortunately that was a limited offer and is no longer being offered.

2 hours ago, scarlton said:

Unfortunately that was a limited offer and is no longer being offered.

I believe it applied to requests for RCN's submitted prior to 31st May.

1 hour ago, Paulyh75 said:

i think it may still be availble for a limited time according to their latest update given tonight

Today's message said is that if they cancel your sailing they will email you with your options.

John.

1 hour ago, John M said:

I believe it applied to requests for RCN's submitted prior to 31st May.

Today's message said is that if they cancel your sailing they will email you with your options.

John.

That's right applications closed on the 1st of June.

If BF cancel your sailing you'll get an email to inform you and give you the opportunity to rebook with a refund credit note, same as before.

• Like 1

When I booked my crossing to Spain leaving on the 19th of April, returning the 29th of June. I could not book a return ticket, only singles. Initial payments were taken and balances later at different times. The final payment in April/May for the return journey.

I always use a credit card to pay and spoke to my provider regarding the final return payment. I was advised not to cancel it  Why they would need to take payment for my return crossing, when I will not be in Spain beats me.

When BF cancelled my outward crossing, they emailed me to say they would issue me with a voucher valid for two years.  Later they also emailed me to say they would be taking the final payment for the return crossing. I am Now waiting for them to cancel that crossing. 

I have had no contact with them since.and not received any vouchers either.. I cannot speak to anyone to resolve these issues.

Brittany Ferries is not treating It’s customers fairly, lack of communication is the biggest problem.

31 minutes ago, Leighton Williams said:

When BF cancelled my outward crossing, they emailed me to say they would issue me with a voucher valid for two years.

I suggest that you check if the voucher was included as an attachment with that email. Mine was. Let us know if you have it. If not try asking BF via Twitter.

I doubt you'll hear about the return crossing until later this month.

Ed

17 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

I doubt you'll hear about the return crossing until later this month.

Hopefully cancellations will be clearer come Tuesday, however the BF policy re uncancelled return tickets is to offer an RCN if requested and if within 30 days of a cancelled outward crossing, theoretically the options for a long gap are cancel or move if BF don’t cancel it.

Edited by David Williams