Re-Start of BF Passenger Services

5 minutes ago, woodin43 said:

Does anyone have any information regarding foot passengers? I can't book a crossing as one on the website.

There arn`t any.BF have suspended crossings by Foot Passengers and Cyclists until further notice. You have to travel in a vehicle..sorry

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you read what Roué has told us, it is jaw dropping! Some of us have been vociferously critical of BF, even suggesting that we could do a better job. Consider the following. 780,000 normal fo

I am pleased to report proactive contact from BF Customer Services in recent days. The revised timetable issued last week removed both of the sailings we were booked on [into Le Havre and Poole].

Mrs FW and I travelled Caen-Portsmouth yesterday afternoon on MSM in 2 different vehicles, as she is staying for a couple of weeks and I’m back next Tuesday - it allowed me to test my loading theory.

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Tumnus2010 said:

Twitter has always worked best for me, and others by the looks of it.

But facebook and instagram work too

Thanks to you and other suggesting Twitter.

I'm not a Twitter user but have now created an account. This is going to sound embarrassingly dim of me, but how do I then contact BF through it (I've found and followed BF as a start!)

Sorry, I'm a bit of a techno-numpty  🤭

17 minutes ago, Weby72 said:

Thanks to you and other suggesting Twitter.

I'm not a Twitter user but have now created an account. This is going to sound embarrassingly dim of me, but how do I then contact BF through it (I've found and followed BF as a start!)

Sorry, I'm a bit of a techno-numpty  🤭

https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/direct-messages#send-via-web

Good luck

Hi. I have just registered to see if there is advice out there. I'm booked to travel Cap Finistere, 17:00 3rd July 2020, My account page lists the booking, the sailings update page has it sailing, however on the CEO's letter (23rd June) there is a table of sailings and my sailing is not listed. I can't get through to anyone at BF, does anyone have any information for me?

Thanks

2 hours ago, woodin43 said:

Thanks for the info. I've been stuck in France since early march waiting for the ferries to resume, and now this. 

Which ferries are you waiting for?  Ferries from Dunkerque, Calais and Dieppe have been running all the time and Eurotunnel has never stopped. 

3 minutes ago, wortley said:

Which ferries are you waiting for?  Ferries from Dunkerque, Calais and Dieppe have been running all the time and Eurotunnel has never stopped. 

Perhaps he's in Brest after getting off a certain BF ferry and is surprised another one hasn't come by to pick him up. Ed

Edited by Cabin-boy
  • Haha 2

What is going on ?

Manage Your Booking ,  I just tried to cancel a Flexi booking for 5 July, bought after misinformation received from the Customer Services Manager. 

Website says I will lose 100% of what I paid.   I don't proceed with that and instead amend to a later date. I use a Customer Service Voucher for £34.50 as part payment.

I only received £28.00  for my £34.50 voucher ???.  I don't have and don't want a Twitter account. I want to talk to a human being or get a reply from Customer Services.

A reply from them in Gareth Bewley's predicted 45 days is not much use for a crossing in 10 days time.  

Incidentally I was quoted £177 for a Commodore cabin at the end of October. Brittany Ferries have lost the plot.

• Like 1

Notice to new members hoping for help here  - we don't have any more idea than you really. The clear advice is to contact BF via Social Media. There is no point posting details of particular crossings in the hope that you will find any help here. You must try to contact BF directly. Similarly posts from others telling people to count their blessings as their problems are trivial compared to others really don't help anybody and will in all probability be deleted when we spot them. At best they merely state the obvious at worst they may distress someone  trying to sort a crossing who's lost half their family to this virus and simply want to get away from it all - we don't know. 

Edited by Millsy
  • Like 5

Hi, we are currently booked on Sat 11th July 2020, Portsmouth-Santander on Connemara.  We have had  no contact from BF to say that this has been cancelled but can see that on the COVID status page the Connemara is servicing another route.

By any chance does anyone on here have any information or received any comms. regarding this sailing ? Have sent a couple of messages to BF but they have not replied

thank you

53 minutes ago, veryoldbear said:

On the other end of Twitter is a one-person band called Jane who appears to work 25 hour days. Be nice to her and she will perform miracles.

Jane helped me a couple of times when all this started in March via direct messages on Twitter.  She even sent me a message when Brittany Ferries changed their policy to advise me what to do.  I couldn't fault her.  Politeness and thanks goes a long way.  

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Millsy said:

Notice to new members hoping for help here  - we don't have any more idea than you really. The clear advice is to contact BF via Social Media. There is no point posting details of particular crossings in the hope that you will find any help here. You must try to contact BF directly. Similarly posts from others telling people to count their blessings as their problems are trivial compared to others really don't help anybody and will in all probability be deleted when we spot them. At best they merely state the obvious at worst they may distress someone  trying to sort a crossing who's lost half their family to this virus and simply want to get away from it all - we don't know. 

Well said Millsy.  Just to clarify, for those that won’t have seen them, there are lots of “holier than thou” posts being made that are critical of posters asking perfectly reasonable questions on the grounds that they should, to paraphrase, get their priorities straight and appreciate that the virus has caused many people bigger problems.

Needless to say, these posts have been, and will continue to be, removed.  Criticising other posters is not in the spirit of this forum.  The thread is not about the wider aspects of the virus, it is about travel with BF, and accordingly such questions are perfectly reasonable to ask.

As Millsy says, of course, whilst interest in the forum is very welcome, and it is flattering that so many people think we have all the answers, there is a limit to how much we can help with specific cases and there is no substitute for contacting BF directly.  (Somehow!).

One other note to prospective new members.  There have been numerous instances over the past couple of months of new posters (often claiming to be long-standing forum lurkers) who have signed up purely to have a foul-mouthed rant at BF.  It is worth bearing in mind that users who do this immediately find themselves permanently banned, and if it is your wish to become long-term participants in the discussions in the site then it is a good idea to make your early posts positive, polite and constructive. 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What's annoyed me is that due to circumstances beyond our control - BF's cancellation of all Normandie sailings until the middle of July - our return aboard MSM on the morning of the 11th is no longer needed, why would it if we can't sail to Ouistreham, Cherbourg or Le Havre when we have to on the morning of the 4th?... but the ball is my court to cancel that sailing which will mean we'll be out of pocket due to the percentage BF will take as these sailing aren't effected.

Since the beginning of all this BF have failed to put two and two together... Instantly sent staff home without any regard or understanding with regard to passenger communication due to all of the cancellations, they could well have kept some office staff and still self distance as essential workers and now they've radically altered the timetable and curtailed routes just when they're probably going to be needed as all holiday companies foreign and domestic are in meltdown due to the vast numbers of travellers desperate to book a holiday.

...and to cap it all they'll cry poverty from the highest tower as they always do.

10 minutes ago, jonno said:

but the ball is my court to cancel that sailing which will mean we'll be out of pocket due to the percentage BF will take as these sailing aren't effected.

They must realise that if you can't get there then you can't get back from there either. Have you tried to contact them to ask about this anomaly?  Ed. 

27 minutes ago, Cabin-boy said:

They must realise that if you can't get there then you can't get back from there either. Have you tried to contact them to ask about this anomaly?  Ed. 

Yes Ed, the sailing is normal so it's up to me to cancel it, so far they're taking a portion of the return journey cost but I'm still on at them.

@Choucan it was a return sailing aboard Normandie and returning on MSM under the same booking reference, so far they've reimbursed me with a voucher - I'm happy with that - the outbound journey from Portsmouth as they cancelled it but not the MSM return.

We've now booked DFDS to Dieppe which  also has had problems as now the morning sailing is an hour later, the return on the 11th is at 1800 rather than 1230 and DFDS are no longer selling cabins so I received an instant £70 refund.

I would have appreciated a shower and a snooze in the previously booked commodore but hey ho.

Shippax are reporting that the BF sailings will be restricted to maximum of 550 passengers which to me seems a bit of an overkill when you consider that Pont Aven has over 2000 beds in 650 cabins.

My over critical and cynical mind is wondering if BF will receive a larger gvt subsidy the less money they take? 

49 minutes ago, jonno said:

but the ball is my court to cancel that sailing which will mean we'll be out of pocket due to the percentage BF will take as these sailing aren't effected.

Up to very recently the FAQ included a bit about a return within 30 days of a cancelled crossings could be turned into a credit note, however you had to ask for it as you may have done the outbound in a  different way. That has now disappeared from the FAQ, however I would have thought still applies.

If both were on the same ticket you could try arguing for a refund on both legs under the ticket conditions !