Re-Start of BF Passenger Services

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you read what Roué has told us, it is jaw dropping! Some of us have been vociferously critical of BF, even suggesting that we could do a better job. Consider the following. 780,000 normal fo

I am pleased to report proactive contact from BF Customer Services in recent days. The revised timetable issued last week removed both of the sailings we were booked on [into Le Havre and Poole].

Well here we are all, after an uneventful crossing from Portsmouth on the MSM. Loading was a little slow with some mysterious colour coding in evidence, and we were 30 minutes late off the quay, but o

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, hhvferry said:

That funnel remains a heart-breaking thing. Arguably the worst of the lot.

Come on nothing tops the Pont Aven as hers is the most dreadful looking and has ruined the outside deck space the most as well.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, neilcvx said:

Come on nothing tops the Pont Aven as hers is the most dreadful looking and has ruined the outside deck space the most as well.

Yeah it's hideous too, but she wasn't exactly a looker to begin with, and her original funnel was weak, whereas the Normandie's funnel was integral to her look.

Still, it could be worse.

C.jpg

• Like 2
On 07/07/2020 at 11:09, Bisnick said:

I had a very frustrating couple of days over the weekend trying to book Plymouth - Santander. Website showed a price as opposed to Sailing Full,Must have tried 10 times and as I came to the payment page I was knocked out and back to the start or it then said sailing full. Then tried Portsmouth - Santander and it gave Plymouth as an alternative and allowed me to book. So frustrating.

I had booked as a single because of the restriction in using more than one voucher code. Could I book the Santander - Plymouth, no way just would not let me. Eventually managed yesterday then tried to change the cabin on my original booking and kept bouncing me back to start page. I know the website has had historic problems ever since the "new" one was launched but they just don't seem to  take on board the criticisms and  sort the obvious problems.

It will be very interesting to see what will emerge after this maintenance!!! 

I had a similar problem quite a few months ago when I was booking my summer 2020 sailings.  

I got to the pages after the cabins where the price was confirmed  at something like 157.50 each way  = £315  I got all the way to debit card page and price was correct £315 but I think I wanted to check something. So I went back. But when I came forwards after the cabins it was still £315 then the next page (before the credit card page) it changed to £318. 

I went back after the cabins it was £315, then the next page remained at £315 then on the payment page it changed to £318 

I did this again repeatedly including logging out deleting cookies and starting again from scratch and each time the £315 after the cabins changed to £318 on the 2nd page after the cabins or on the credit card page.  

I knew I had done it once all the way through so I knew it is was likely possible to get there again.  I continued my efforts until eventually I got the £315 I was supposed to get.  

Customer Service just said "computer says no" i.e. "it doesn't do that when we try".    

Edited by Rosanbo

Normandie is at sea (presumably undertaking trials) ahead of re-entering service tonight with the 2300 from Caen.  I assume she will head in to dock at her home port once MSM has cleared the berth on this afternoon’s 1630 departure.

Returned via Newhaven yesterday. Check in booths at Dieppe required a form filled with passenger names and addresses. Border Force in the U.K asked if we'd completed the Passenger Locator Form but wasn't interested in viewing it.

We had downloaded them to our tablets and could easily have accessed them on our smart phones. One thing I found on the visa-immigration site, once arrival date and time are submitted I wasn't allowed to continue until the 48 hour period had begun.

DFDS don't really do social distancing on embarkation, everyone just leaves their vehicles as normal and then follows each other up the stairs from deck 3+ to deck 6. The small shop is open for around 30 mins and there's not really any food offering with what they do have sold out very quickly with just drinks, chocolate and crisps remaining.

Many of the blue vinyl lounge seats are in a fair state of disrepair- loose fittings between the seats revealing sharp edges and corners- the vessel wasn't particularly clean, certainly no physical or olfactory evidence to suggest any disinfecting had took place, and no hand sanitiser in the toilets. Cabins are not available to passengers.

We'll not travel the route again in it's current guise.

Edited by jonno

We came home out of Dieppe during the strike. "Never again" pretty much sums it up.

That was a trip and a half!! One of this groups 24H specials, got into Plymouth quite knackered so made straight for the cain and kip. Vaguely aware of announcements,not really listening, drove off the ramps to find we were somewhere that was not Roscoff. Police and Press everywhere! Thank goodness for GPS, typed in "take us to the house" and off we went.

24h crossing? Like hell!!  Everyday it looked like a settlement was imminent so we hung on. Our visit coincided with a sale  on log stoves in bricomarche. Loaded one up with the forklift, then got to the house and the penny dropped that it had to come out of the van and up the flight of stairs into the house. Up the local, much hilarity and a posse of people put their pints down, and off loaded the item.

10 days later we were still there, the house redecorated, stove installed, home via Dieppe on what I thought was a cattle ferry.

Sadly, in the rush to leave we had to miss some 10L cartons of rouge. The mice found them however, my, that was a nice suprise find when we next visited. 

Rhys

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Shefford said:

A quick question please to anyone who has sailed with BF since the re-start - was your temperature checked at any point in the proceedings?

It's done at the ferry port in Portsmouth, not sure about other ports.

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Shefford said:

A quick question please to anyone who has sailed with BF since the re-start - was your temperature checked at any point in the proceedings?

Caen - Portsmouth last week,  nothing at all. Tomorrow I’m on Normandie back to France so will let you know...

Chris

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Fine Whine said:

Caen - Portsmouth last week,  nothing at all. Tomorrow I’m on Normandie back to France so will let you know...

Chris

Portsmouth have installed a Thermal Imaging Scanner. - https://www.portsmouth-port.co.uk/news/port-prepares-for-passengers-with-temperature-screening-technology

Edited by TonyMWeaver

If Easyjet want to take my temperature, that's fine. If they want my blood pressure, they are in for a shock. And if they want a urine sample,  I won't be the least bit surprised as they've been taking the pimms for weeks now.  

Ed.

Edited by Gareth
Profanity Replaced 🤣
  • Haha 3
9 minutes ago, The Ferry Man said:

That's because the system has been set up in Portsmouth just for footies... Which aren't being carried 😶

I read somewhere that it is a requirement for entering Spain and that the BF crew do that when getting back in the cars at the same time as handing in the Spanish form. I don't know whether that is still the case.

Latest info appears to be no footies "for the foreseeable future".

So we've abandoned the idea of an autumn trip back from Caen to Portsmouth.

BTW our "back of a spreadsheet" maths was that a four day trip – two nights in Ibis / Premier Inn – would cost about £350 plus meals, cab fares etc for two of us. (Assuming footie fares at similar prices to last year).

One of the errands we wanted to do while we were there was to collect some bits of hifi kit from my cousin who lives at Lee on the Solent. But another bit of maths tells me we can get a door to door delivery, including the packaging, for about £50. 

So I think after the rentrée has reduced the crowds, a few days in Granville is back on the agenda. And in the meantime, days out here in Calvados.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, kenw said:

So I think after the rentrée has reduced the crowds, a few days in Granville is back on the agenda. And in the meantime, days out here in Calvados.

We were down in Granville 03 July for the Dior Museum and a bit of beach time at Donville and it was pretty quiet. It may have hotted up a bit now that the Parisians have arrived.

Edited by veryoldbear