Jump to content

Re-Start of BF Passenger Services


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you read what Roué has told us, it is jaw dropping! Some of us have been vociferously critical of BF, even suggesting that we could do a better job. Consider the following. 780,000 normal fo

I am pleased to report proactive contact from BF Customer Services in recent days. The revised timetable issued last week removed both of the sailings we were booked on [into Le Havre and Poole].

Well here we are all, after an uneventful crossing from Portsmouth on the MSM. Loading was a little slow with some mysterious colour coding in evidence, and we were 30 minutes late off the quay, but o

Posted Images

5 hours ago, veryoldbear said:

We were down in Granville 03 July for the Dior Museum and a bit of beach time at Donville and it was pretty quiet. It may have hotted up a bit now that the Parisians have arrived.

Thanks for that. We saw a pic the other day showing that the town centre was packed. We'll probably head for the Ibis at the Port de Plaisance and just have a stroll around then spend late afternoon and early evening sitting on the terrace with a glass or three until dinner. Do you have any restaurant recommendations within walking distance?

If we don't want to venture further there are three or four restaurants within 500m of the hotel, so we can hopefully avoid the crowds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Tumnus2010 said:

As Tony mentioned the other day, Bretagne is now on the move in Le Havre.

I haven't heard any more news concerning our friendly St Malo dockers....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/07/2020 at 16:39, kenw said:

Thanks for that. We saw a pic the other day showing that the town centre was packed. We'll probably head for the Ibis at the Port de Plaisance and just have a stroll around then spend late afternoon and early evening sitting on the terrace with a glass or three until dinner. Do you have any restaurant recommendations within walking distance?

If we don't want to venture further there are three or four restaurants within 500m of the hotel, so we can hopefully avoid the crowds.

We had a lovely Supper at La Citadelle but what it is like under present circumstances I cannot know. The Lobster was excellent!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question for those who have travelled since sailings began again.  I am booked on the first sailing back to St Malo on the 17th on the bretagne and cant wait to get over to see family again and some peace and quiet.  Just wondering since the 10th July dont have to quarantine whether this has actually been lifted as the email I received from brittany ferries with the links to france and uk covid 19 pages still said you had to quarantine in france (but page had not been updated since 22nd June!) As I am returning on 21st july so under the original 14 days quarantine period.

Also I presume on return to the UK in portsmouth you have to fill out the online form 48hrs before returning?

Link to post
Share on other sites

We travelled back to UK on July 10th and and we believe there was no obligation to quarantine in the UK. However we did do the UK tracking form and presented them to UK Border Force. Oddly enough on the ferry the landing announcement did suggest that quarantine was still in force but that may now be corrected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Gareth said:

So is St Malo fully functional despite the issue with the stevedore company?

Who knows, Condor are still not sailing there at the moment.

This was on a Condor page yesterday:

An update on the status of the current St. Malo port closure caused by a blockade, stemming from industrial action by the stevedores and their union advisors. In that update we confirmed that there was a follow up meeting today, Wednesday 15th July between the relevant French authorities and the stevedores, plus union representatives.

We have just been informed that the meeting held earlier this afternoon has concluded and it would appear that it was constructive, with some positive progress, resulting in a final meeting tomorrow morning.

We remain committed to restarting our St Malo passenger services from Friday 17th July as scheduled, and are ready to do so, subject to the resolution discussed today being finalised tomorrow. Other passenger service operators also plan to operate scheduled sailings from this Friday.

We will issue a further update tomorrow as soon as we have further clarity.

Thanks again for your patience, we hope to see you on Friday.

Yours,

Paul Luxon

CEO Condor Ferries

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some Condor Ferries passengers are reporting they have received e-mails saying their St Malo sailings are going ahead as planned this Friday. Expect 'Bretagne' will also go ahead. 'Condor Rapide' is docked in St Malo now.

Edited by TonyMWeaver
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This might be one for the Q&A section but when does the afternoon sailing from Portsmouth to Ouistreham officially depart?

The timetable says 14.45, the Portsmouth Port site says 15.30 and I keep watching it depart via the webcam at 15.15!

Am wanting to know so I don't turn up too early at the port with the longer check in, and sit around bored for literally hours or turn up too late. 

If I turn up too early I also risk being first on but last off MSM due to having a small car.  However, if it's a later check in, all the better for me since I'm heading south from the frozen north so I can wake up around sunrise then enjoy lunch in Southsea or Old Portsmouth and boat watch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZinedineBiscan said:

This might be one for the Q&A section but when does the afternoon sailing from Portsmouth to Ouistreham officially depart?

The timetable says 14.45, the Portsmouth Port site says 15.30 and I keep watching it depart via the webcam at 15.15!

Am wanting to know so I don't turn up too early at the port with the longer check in, and sit around bored for literally hours or turn up too late. 

If I turn up too early I also risk being first on but last off MSM due to having a small car.  However, if it's a later check in, all the better for me since I'm heading south from the frozen north so I can wake up around sunrise then enjoy lunch in Southsea or Old Portsmouth and boat watch. 

There can be some variance in the timetable... @TonyMWeaverwill probably know more on how the port timetable compares to the real life one (IE is it based on the time a ship enters or leaves the harbour rather than the berth).

In terms of timings - go based on what is on your ticket, bearing in mind that boarding procedures at the moment are a little different to normal. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the the fact that the Freight site temporally showed a new timetable for Portsmouth Caen with an extra 15 mins  turnaround and most crossings 45 mins later and there are regular tweets about a 45 min delay, I reckon that they are probably running an unofficial revised timetable at the moment.

However they do seem to be texting people about the delays,

ps boarding timings are now based on locations of cabins 

 

 

 

Edited by David Williams
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZinedineBiscan said:

This might be one for the Q&A section but when does the afternoon sailing from Portsmouth to Ouistreham officially depart?

The timetable says 14.45, the Portsmouth Port site says 15.30 and I keep watching it depart via the webcam at 15.15!

Am wanting to know so I don't turn up too early at the port with the longer check in, and sit around bored for literally hours or turn up too late. 

If I turn up too early I also risk being first on but last off MSM due to having a small car.  However, if it's a later check in, all the better for me since I'm heading south from the frozen north so I can wake up around sunrise then enjoy lunch in Southsea or Old Portsmouth and boat watch. 

The Portsmouth Port timetable is correct, the lunchtime arrival is 13:45 (Alongside) and 15:30 (Pulling away from the berth). It's not unusual for the ship to arrive or depart earlier than scheduled if it's ready to leave.

The Brittany Ferries timetable did have these new times on the schedule for the last 2 weeks which have tied in with the ships arrival/departure. Now, the timetable has gone back to what it was originally but the ships still arriving at 13:45, departing at 15:30. Today for instance, Mont St Michel came through the harbour entrance at 13:25, docked at 13:40.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TonyMWeaver said:

The Portsmouth Port timetable is correct, the lunchtime arrival is 13:45 (Alongside) and 15:30 (Pulling away from the berth). It's not unusual for the ship to arrive or depart earlier than scheduled if it's ready to leave.

The Brittany Ferries timetable did have these new times on the schedule for the last 2 weeks which have tied in with the ships arrival/departure. Now, the timetable has gone back to what it was originally but the ships still arriving at 13:45, departing at 15:30. Today for instance, Mont St Michel came through the harbour entrance at 13:25, docked at 13:40.

Yes supports the theory that they are unofficially running a revised timetable with another 15 mins in the turnaround & most sailings about 45 mins behind timetable with text message saying that the sailing is delayed and a shorter crossing at night

Hope that this does not last long as we are on the 14:45 P-C in a couple of weeks and 45 mins late arriving is a pain.

Edited by David Williams
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/07/2020 at 17:42, colin said:

I haven't heard any more news concerning our friendly St Malo dockers....

Apparently a compromise (perhaps involving plenty of brown envelopes) has been reached for passenger ferries but not for cargo as yet. If anyone goes through St Malo in the next few days and sees any port workers could you please give us a 'smug face' rating, assuming of course they aren't wearing masks. 

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2020/07/17/summer-holidays-to-france-back-on-and-hotels-in-jersey-hope-for-influx-of-french-visitors/

Ed

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had a welcome aboard email from Brittany Ferries for our sailing in Wednesday from Santander to Plymouth. It states that at the port facilities including shops, cafes and toilets may be closed.  I can understand shops and cafe being closed but the toilets I can't understand. Has anyone sailed from Santander and can tell me if they are actually closed?  How are we supposed to sit for hours waiting to board with no toilet available? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Valerie Wilton said:

Just had a welcome aboard email from Brittany Ferries for our sailing in Wednesday from Santander to Plymouth. It states that at the port facilities including shops, cafes and toilets may be closed.  I can understand shops and cafe being closed but the toilets I can't understand. Has anyone sailed from Santander and can tell me if they are actually closed?  How are we supposed to sit for hours waiting to board with no toilet available? 

Yeah, unbelievable.

I've seen some You Tubers visiting Spain via air are reporting this also.  Upon arrival / dept. at airport - all toilets shut.

So, this leads to a situation where people have to wait to use toilets on board the aircraft which means that the risk of spread is even increased even more. More people shuffling towards back and front of aircraft, more people touching a tiny door knob and same flush / tap buttons. At least facilities on land, can be cleaned regularly.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...